No announcement yet.

Nothing to do with McClaren leaving....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to do with McClaren leaving....

A couple of posters have suggested that our 'downturn' in form (two defeats in seventeen) might owe something to Steve leaving. I don't think so. Yesterday's result and second half performance was a disappointment, but we've played far, far worse (and when Steve was here) and won like Birmingham (h) and Yeovil (a) or drawn like Brighton (h). First half yesterday was as good as we've played this season, frankly..... And that's not to say we played well. Our problem isn't only playing one up front, but that there's no goals in our team. Midfielders like O'Neil, Phillips, Jenas, Holliet, Faurlin, SWP, Carroll, Henry, Niko have scored three goals between them in four months..... Clint Hill with two is joint second too scorer with Joey and AJ..... Our failure to score goals was the problem when Steve was here and it's the problem now he's gone. The only downturn in form is that we've lost two on the road. We've been playing poorly all season with or without Steve, but we've been winning ugly. But we did well post Steve first half at Reading, which was our best half of the season, and we do better when AJ plays like at Wigan and Reading second half.

Nothing more to add

Comment

One of the problems is that SWP deserves a Place in the team just as much as Phillips and Hoilett do. i wouldnt Call that an upgrade.
      Last edited by Shania; 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Could not agree more 77 Steve's exit has nothing to do with current form etc

For me the key is to get more bodies in the box when we attack as currently its Austin on his own so he puts it away or its end of move. The two times we got midfielders into the box this season we have scored (Hoillet at Huddersfield & Jenas Derby). Just like last season we isolate the striker and give him no support we need to commit a couple of players into the box when we attack if only to occupy defenders so they cannot all concentrate on Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          One of the problems is that SWP deserves a Place in the team just as much as Phillips and Hoilett do.
          I thought SWP was unfortunate to get bombed from the bench yesterday as he looked busy when he came on the week before

Comment

OK, West Acton. That partly answers my question why he is not used more often.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

steve played training games like...the last one to score makes the tea....its effective and ingenious......harrys waiting for an email from steve
              with the rules and instructions on how to set up the balls and the kettle

Comment

The problem starts with the defense and particularly Dunne and a Hill who play very deep as they are frightened of leaving space in behind and getting caught for pace. This stretches the play and makes it more difficult to get players up to support our lone striker. Onuoha may help this but sitting so deep is also a mind set and I am sure something Redknapp has told them to do.

Whilst many hail Simpson, and he is a decent defender at this level, he rarely provides a cross or goes past his man always turning back or inside again restricting our options. Redknapp also has his preferences (something he has been criticized for previously) and neither O'neill or Kranjcar are wide players. I also am still waiting to see what Phillips offers, yesterday he put in one half decent cross and didn't beat his man once whilst Holiett was on the bench and SWP, who did ok when he came on last week, couldn't even get on that.
                Last edited by rickyranger; 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                  The problem starts with the defense and particularly Dunn and a Hill who play very deep as they are frightened of leaving space in behind and getting caught for pace. This stretches the play and makes it more difficult to get players up to support our lone striker. Onhura may help this but sitting so deep is also a mind set and I am sure something Rednapp has told them to do.

Whilst many hail Simpson, and he is a decent defender at this level, he rarely provides a cross or goes past his man always turning back or inside again restricting our options. Rednapp also has his preferences (something he has been criticized for previously) and neither Oneill or Kranjear are wide players. I also am still waiting to see what Phillips offers, yesterday he put in one half decent cross and didn't beat his man once whilst Holliet was on the bench and SWP, who did ok when he came on last week, not even on the bench.
                  Agree with every word of that (apart from the spelling of Onuoha, but that's just me being pedantic).

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                    Agree with every word of that (apart from the spelling of Onuoha, but that's just me being pedantic).
                    So, Stanley .... you're happy to let the spelling of 'Kranjear' go, then?

And 'Dunn'. And 'Holliet'. And 'Rednapp'. And 'Oneill' without an apostrophe?
                    Last edited by The Lurker; 01-12-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post

Fresh from the school of twranger!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                        Fresh from the school of twranger!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post

That's true Lurker but I suppose it comes down to your standards of pedantry. Spelling it 'Onhura' I find particularly upsetting as it reminds me of Lieutenant Uhura which conjures up distressing childhood associations!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                            steve played training games like...the last one to score makes the tea....its effective and ingenious......harrys waiting for an email from steve
                            with the rules and instructions on how to set up the balls and the kettle
                            Did we not beat Steve's team ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Did we not beat Steve's team ?
                              True!

Comment

Working...
                              X