Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading Pre-Match Beverage and 79 Bus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Pre-Match Beverage and 79 Bus...

OK, so a few of us are travelling to Reading by train from Staines station, hoping to get to Reading for just after 0930.

Is it feasible to walk into the town centre for breakfast and a beer (weatherspoons?) then back to the station to catch the 79 bus to the stadium?

Is there a better way? Where are most of the QPR fans likely to be having their pre-match beverage?

Thanks in advance
    "Ever since you were born I always knew you were a bender!"
    The Last Airbender - M Night Shyamalan - 2010

The station is slap bang in the middle of the town centre. Come out the door and keep going straight for two minutes.

Comment

Oh and its about 25 minutes to the ground on the bus in traffic i would guestimate. Theres a pub joined to the station as well, i think its just a case of come out of the station and see who has opened early especially for the football mob.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardiff Ranger View Post
        OK, so a few of us are travelling to Reading by train from Staines station, hoping to get to Reading for just after 0930.

Is it feasible to walk into the town centre for breakfast and a beer (weatherspoons?) then back to the station to catch the 79 bus to the stadium?

Is there a better way? Where are most of the QPR fans likely to be having their pre-match beverage?

Thanks in advance

Same plan as us and we done it last season. We had a hearty breakfast before facing the gallows and relegation in weatherspoons. Spoons is liertally a 3min walk from the station done on the left

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Same plan as us and we done it last season. We had a hearty breakfast before facing the gallows and relegation in weatherspoons. Spoons is liertally a 3min walk from the station done on the left
          Really wanted to go to this game. Heard it's a great stadium and 1 that we could certainly take ideas from.

The fact it is on sky I will give it a miss so I'll be doing the next sat home games, charlton and blackburn.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Yeah come out the station and go straight passed the malmaison hotel, big white building. As soon as you see burger king do a left and the spoons is down on the right just passed marks and sparks.

Comment

Its a typical soulless new ground in the middle of nowhere. Awful ground and imo a bang average away day
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                Its a typical soulless new ground in the middle of nowhere. Awful ground and imo a bang average away day
                This.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Really wanted to go to this game. Heard it's a great stadium and 1 that we could certainly take ideas from.

The fact it is on sky I will give it a miss so I'll be doing the next sat home games, charlton and blackburn.
                    Two games in a week?

Being a financial advisor is that sort of expenditure allowed ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                      Two games in a week?

Being a financial advisor is that sort of expenditure allowed ?
                      You and Lone have a nasty habit, of liking to hear the sound of your own Voices.
                      Must be a frustrating conversation between you 2?!
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yep Soulless ground and record number of home fans genuinely supported another club before Reading had a modicum of success and new ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Yeah come out the station and go straight passed the malmaison hotel, big white building. As soon as you see burger king do a left and the spoons is down on the right just passed marks and sparks.
                          Thanks, do you know the name of the spoons? Cheers

Comment

The Monks Retreat.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X