Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team for Derby

Suppose I might as well kick it off.

Obviously Green in goal and would keep the same back four as none of them have done anything particularly wrong.

Barton and Faurlin in the middle as they can both not only tackle but have the ability to create too.

Surprise recall for SWP and Phillips on the other side. Hoilett has had more than enough chances to prove himself and failed miserably. No point in having him running at people when he invariably runs straight into them or forgets to pass when he has the ideal opportunity. O'Neil has not been doing it for me either. Whatever people feel about SWP, he has never shirked from working damn hard in his defensive role too and Phillips needs to be given an opportunity to start, not just come on and be expected to work miracles within a side that has generally wasted the first half of a game and offering no real threat.

Austin up front with AJ. Maybe replace AJ with Chevanton on the hour once we are two up so we can go on to score the third and fourth. Starting Chevanton and bringing AJ on is fine too, if starting him is considered too risky.

Redknapp really does need to stop this insistence on playing both a system and personnel that aren't suited to getting the best out of each other. Not the systems fault if the wrong players are in it, just as it's difficult to blame the players when they aren't being played in roles which suit their strengths.

Most importantly, from defence we need to get the ball out quickly either to the flanks or the two in the middle and let them get the momentum going. Put pressure on the other team whoever it may be and stop being so bleeding cautious. And absolutely none of this long ball out, which in case Harry hasn't noticed has been directly responsible for giving possession straight back to the opponents, who then just immediately put our defence under pressure.

We would have pace in abundance, two really effective and different striker options, a midfield that would p155 all over most others in this division and likewise the back five.

Oh. And finally, stop bigging up the opposition before the game, saying that they are a big club all the time. Derby won the League in the early seventies Harry, they are remembered better for having the lowest premiership points total ever. For once, just stop getting your excuses ready, pick the right players for the right system and we win. This is Derby at home for crying out loud. Give the crowd something to get excited about rather than groan about. Get the atmosphere rocking and let Derby be the ones having to deal with all the pressure. Incessantly.

Time to start being positive and giving the other sides in this division something to think about, as they see us getting the results that we are well capable of.

And yes, I have got the hump.

Green
    Simpson Dunne Hill BAE
    Phillips Barton Jenas (Carroll, if fit) Kransjar
    Austin AJ

Hope Carroll's fit. But several at Wigan (OK two...) said Jenas was decent last night.

That team could also deploy like this if need be

Green
    Simpson Dunne Hill BAE
    Barton Jenas (Carroll, if fit)
    Phillips AJ Kransjar
    Austin
    Last edited by Rangers77; 31-10-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Suppose I might as well kick it off.

Obviously Green in goal and would keep the same back four as none of them have done anything particularly wrong.

Barton and Faurlin in the middle as they can both not only tackle but have the ability to create too.

Surprise recall for SWP and Phillips on the other side. Hoilett has had more than enough chances to prove himself and failed miserably. No point in having him running at people when he invariably runs straight into them or forgets to pass when he has the ideal opportunity. O'Neil has not been doing it for me either. Whatever people feel about SWP, he has never shirked from working damn hard in his defensive role too and Phillips needs to be given an opportunity to start, not just come on and be expected to work miracles within a side that has generally wasted the first half of a game and offering no real threat.

Austin up front with AJ. Maybe replace AJ with Chevanton on the hour once we are two up so we can go on to score the third and fourth. Starting Chevanton and bringing AJ on is fine too, if starting him is considered too risky.

Redknapp really does need to stop this insistence on playing both a system and personnel that aren't suited to getting the best out of each other. Not the systems fault if the wrong players are in it, just as it's difficult to blame the players when they aren't being played in roles which suit their strengths.

Most importantly, from defence we need to get the ball out quickly either to the flanks or the two in the middle and let them get the momentum going. Put pressure on the other team whoever it may be and stop being so bleeding cautious. And absolutely none of this long ball out, which in case Harry hasn't noticed has been directly responsible for giving possession straight back to the opponents, who then just immediately put our defence under pressure.

We would have pace in abundance, two really effective and different striker options, a midfield that would p155 all over most others in this division and likewise the back five.

Oh. And finally, stop bigging up the opposition before the game, saying that they are a big club all the time. Derby won the League in the early seventies Harry, they are remembered better for having the lowest premiership points total ever. For once, just stop getting your excuses ready, pick the right players for the right system and we win. This is Derby at home for crying out loud. Give the crowd something to get excited about rather than groan about. Get the atmosphere rocking and let Derby be the ones having to deal with all the pressure. Incessantly.

Time to start being positive and giving the other sides in this division something to think about, as they see us getting the results that we are well capable of.

And yes, I have got the hump.

confident man!

Comment

Would be surprised if you'll see Niko in this game. Not that I know anything ..... of course!

Comment

On the assumption Niko is injured / won't be risked, I would, personally, like to see Harry line up something like this:

Green
          Simpson Dunne Hill BAE
          Hoilett Faurlin Barton Phillips (surely got to come good?!)
          Austin AJ

Fairly solid in the middle of the park with some creative spark out wide, plus 2 up top that both know where the net is.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

No Faurlin for me , would have Carroll or Jenas before him .
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              No Faurlin for me , would have Carroll or Jenas before him .
              Racist!
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Racist!
                You know !
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I think H will shock us all by playing a straight 4 4 2 - because it's something they never did whilst McClaren was here. He needs to come up with something that Mac can't plan to negate and a system that simply isn't in the managers thinking must be the way forward
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

_____________Green___________
                    Simpson___Dunne___Hill____Benny
                    ___SWP_____Barton_____Hoilett
                    Chev_____Austin___Johnson

Just bleeden go for it !!
                    Last edited by LoftusRoadLad; 31-10-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      I think H will shock us all by playing a straight 4 4 2 - because it's something they never did whilst McClaren was here. He needs to come up with something that Mac can't plan to negate and a system that simply isn't in the managers thinking must be the way forward
                      Hmmm. Might explain him going on about the irrelevance of playing two up front at last night's press conference. Mind games......

Comment

2 up front for me

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Hmmm. Might explain him going on about the irrelevance of playing two up front at last night's press conference. Mind games......
                          That's what I was thinking 77 - it was otherwise a pretty random and illogical comment
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            That's what I was thinking 77 - it was otherwise a pretty random and illogical comment
                            Perhaps he rates our players too and doesn't really think Wigan have a better squad.

Comment

Working...
                            X