Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoilett

Very important for us. Against Barnsley we were slow and easy to read before he came on. Need someone with that kind of pace and creativity, especially against the teams backing home. Hoilett gives us another dimension.

Totally agree, it would also free up space in the middle for niko.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Totally agree, it would also free up space in the middle for niko.
      Yes, Niko is a CMF not a winger. He is ideal in the no 10 role with two (Barton and Faurlin/Henry/Caroll) CMF behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
        Yes, Niko is a CMF not a winger. He is ideal in the no 10 role with two (Barton and Faurlin/Henry/Caroll) CMF behind him.
        true but it depends a bit on the FBs for example sometimes you can have a slower LM if the LB is pacy and overlaps. otoh Carroll passing early from deep would be good for JH/Phillips and they could even swap sides to make cutting in easier too. good to have options really.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
          true but it depends a bit on the FBs for example sometimes you can have a slower LM if the LB is pacy and overlaps. otoh Carroll passing early from deep would be good for JH/Phillips and they could even swap sides to make cutting in easier too. good to have options really.
          True, but I believe his best position is as no 10. Agree with you, good to have options - it´s a long season.

Comment

Without Hoilett we have no creativity and cannot break teams down

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
              Without Hoilett we have no creativity and cannot break teams down
              I have to say correct. I also agree with Gallens article where he comments that Holliet is the man to get Charlie Austin getting more goals. 5 in 10 is a decent start but he could be nearly a goal a game with good service in the box. He also said that Himself (kevin) could hold the ball up better but Austin does his best work in the box.Although he was very isolated upfront against Brighton, I still don't think holding the ball up is a big part of his game so I tend to agree with Kevin. Holliet is very direct and draws players out of their position and with all the keep ball we play which is also needed we do need a bit more variety in our game. At times when things aren't working we can be void of any ideas so Holliet for me will be a really key player. Just shocked that some ie Robson think he's woeful but it's all about different opinions, I think if he can stay fit and that is a big if, he would look sharp and cause any team in this division major problems
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                I have to say correct. I also agree with Gallens article where he comments that Holliet is the man to get Charlie Austin getting more goals. 5 in 10 is a decent start but he could be nearly a goal a game with good service in the box. He also said that Himself (kevin) could hold the ball up better but Austin does his best work in the box.Although he was very isolated upfront against Brighton, I still don't think holding the ball up is a big part of his game so I tend to agree with Kevin. Holliet is very direct and draws players out of their position and with all the keep ball we play which is also needed we do need a bit more variety in our game. At times when things aren't working we can be void of any ideas so Holliet for me will be a really key player. Just shocked that some ie Robson think he's woeful but it's all about different opinions, I think if he can stay fit and that is a big if, he would look sharp and cause any team in this division major problems
                His OK at this level. Very greedy, but he should do better in the Championship.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Could do with him playing for 90 minutes more regularly though!

Comment

Well he got the assist on the weekend which is great and he does dribbles into good positions. I think if he passed more he would probably score more too because he would get more space, ie defenders would be marking the players he can pass to rather than surrounding him. In the end scoring trumps everything and makes everyone happy, but if you dont score and have missed a pass to a better placed team mate then you get the opposite. Also I wonder how he would do on the right cos switching flank players a few times during a game can shake things up and would give him a chance to shoot with his stronger foot too if he cut in.

Comment

Working...
                    X