Tom Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    To be fair to Carroll, whether the passes were back, forward or sideways, it's about keeping possession and someone finding the killer ball at some point. It forces other teams to chase the ball around the pitch while we control the game.

We used to be a great passing team and I'm happy for us to be so again.
    As long as I can remember at QPR, the crowd gets pissed off if we play long balls, and pissed off if we pass the ball sideways or backwards more than a couple of times.

We appear to have the hankering to watch us play complete football, but not the patience.

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
      I'm flabbergasted the boy was stunning today and will only get better, was willing to receive the ball in every position on the pitch helping the defence by giving them an out instead of going long.
      He tracked players and made positions to have a crack on goal.
      He did give the ball away a bit but probably received the ball more than any other so probably highlight more.
      The boy is class and will play for England one day
      Stunning? Seriously? Did you have a drink before the game?

Sorry mate, you obviously rate the guy, as do many others, but yesterday he was poor. If boro had decent strikers we could have drawn yesterday because of his sloppy passing.

I'm struggling to see where this future England player is from what I've seen. Yes he comes with a good rep and a lot of ex pros have seen him progressing are talking him up but based on what I've seen so far I've been un impressed.

I've seen many performances over the years watching Rangers, many of which have had performances from individuals that I would class as stunning. Yesterday's performance from your man was anything but.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Only negative today for me , his pass completion must have been 30%.

A few glimpses of class but my word the amount of times he gave the ball away in dangerous areas was shocking
        Yeah its still a learning curve for tom, you can see the game is to quick for him sometimes, that extra touch and a players on him or that pass has been cut out because that gap has been closed quicker than he is used to. Im afraid there's no magic wand for this , its simply game time, he will get used to the speed of the championship, his thought proses will become quicker as he plays more, i was sitting near a fan who wanted him dragged off after 10 mins! You simply have to give these youngsters a chance you cant destroy them after 10 mins of a game, and as you say there was glimpses of the player he will become , him Barton and Nico interchanging passes was something special in the second half, really thought we looked pure class yesterday.

Comment

I don't like having a pop but really don't see what he adds. He just picks the ball up off the centre halves plays a sideways pass then instead of going forward comes back deep to get the ball off the person he passed it to.

In any of the games he has played I cannot remember him creating anything like a chance or even a dangerous situation(apart from to ourselves!), Would rather have Henry sitting back there who is more solid and not so much of a liability.

Carroll should be sub IMO.

Comment

same.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
              I don't like having a pop but really don't see what he adds. He just picks the ball up off the centre halves plays a sideways pass then instead of going forward comes back deep to get the ball off the person he passed it to.

In any of the games he has played I cannot remember him creating anything like a chance or even a dangerous situation(apart from to ourselves!), Would rather have Henry sitting back there who is more solid and not so much of a liability.

Carroll should be sub IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
                Stunning? Seriously? Did you have a drink before the game?

Sorry mate, you obviously rate the guy, as do many others, but yesterday he was poor. If boro had decent strikers we could have drawn yesterday because of his sloppy passing.

I'm struggling to see where this future England player is from what I've seen. Yes he comes with a good rep and a lot of ex pros have seen him progressing are talking him up but based on what I've seen so far I've been un impressed.

I've seen many performances over the years watching Rangers, many of which have had performances from individuals that I would class as stunning. Yesterday's performance from your man was anything but.
                There are some football fans who like to think like these pundits , drop cliche after cliche and think they are saying the right things.

For Moon Safari to state Carroll will play for England is ridiculous based on what we've seen, Carroll will do well to be playing in the Championship next season.

Ridiculous statement

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  There are some football fans who like to think like these pundits , drop cliche after cliche and think they are saying the right things.

For Moon Safari to state Carroll will play for England is ridiculous based on what we've seen, Carroll will do well to be playing in the Championship next season.

Ridiculous statement
                  You're a fine one to talk about ridiculous statements after claiming Carroll's pass completion rate must have been 30% when it was 86%. Not quite sure what you saw but it wasn't that.

In any case, HR thinks he's ok and that'll do for me. The lad needs some game time and I'm sure will improve.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

The lad clearly has ability and on the odd occasion he shows quick feet or clever pass. But the OP is correct regarding him giving the ball away in dangerous areas at least 3 times Saturday. Left us 2 on 2 and a better team than Boro would have punished us. Had those mistakes led to goals people would be sending him back to Tottenham.

Not sure how anyone who did not go to the game and see those errors can defend the lad on that issue either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                      The lad clearly has ability and on the odd occasion he shows quick feet or clever pass. But the OP is correct regarding him giving the ball away in dangerous areas at least 3 times Saturday. Left us 2 on 2 and a better team than Boro would have punished us. Had those mistakes led to goals people would be sending him back to Tottenham.

Not sure how anyone who did not go to the game and see those errors can defend the lad on that issue either.
                      but Richard says he had a pass rate of 86% [80% was back to the GK] so he is a future superstar
                      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

• obviously has some ability but let's not forget he's young, inexperienced and raw and will improve
                        we haven't signed Iniesta or Xavi, he's a kid learning and some of the criticism is harsh
                        give him a chance and he'll prove to be a good player for us
                        that said, some of the compliments are also misplaced (like a few of his passes)

Comment

• Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                          but Richard says he had a pass rate of 86% [80% was back to the GK] so he is a future superstar
                          Think Richard plays too much Football Manager and relies to heavily on stats...young lad we have loaned on the premise we give him game time that he wouldnt get at Spurs.

Comment

• I'm sure he will improve but he did worry me giving the ball away so often

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              Think Richard plays too much Football Manager and relies to heavily on stats...young lad we have loaned on the premise we give him game time that he wouldnt get at Spurs.
                              No, Richard does NOT play football manager or any other types of those games. Someone put a link up the other day showing Carroll's pass completion rate which was vastly different from your boyfriend's.

Talking of your boyfriend, isn't it about time you took your tongue out of W12's ring and started saying something original instead of hanging on every word he writes?

Just a thought......

Comment

• Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                                So you know 80% was back to Green for sure then? Where did you get that from or are you spouting nonsense?

For the record, I'm neither attacking nor defending Carroll, but I'm guessing some of you are youngsters who don't remember a certain Raymond Wilkins who had a reputation for backwards and sidewards passing.

Comment

Working...
                                X