Is Dunne this season's Nelsen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dunne this season's Nelsen??

Think so. But in a winning team.... He looks very assured. The mobility he lacks is compensated by his ability to read the game. With him, the Chief and Clint we look very, very solid defending set pieces.

Yes but should be rested Wednesday.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Clint ......da man..

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Clint ......da man..
        You're not wrong there, Dave. I'd start with him every game. Love the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          You're not wrong there, Dave. I'd start with him every game. Love the guy.
          Gonna be tricky when BAE is fit. Clint got exposed for pace again at LB a couple of times today. Hard to see how you can break up the Dunne and Neds pairing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            Gonna be tricky when BAE is fit. Clint got exposed for pace again at LB a couple of times today. Hard to see how you can break up the Dunne and Neds pairing too.
            Yeah I know..... I guess that's the price of having a winning team. Heart rules head for me regarding Clint, though.....

Comment

Sorry not having Hill at LB at allllllll!

Love the bloke but got turned inside out about 5 times today by an ageing Chris Burke. A young nippy winger will have him on toast. He's getting on & hasn't the legs. Can't change a winning team keeping clean sheets I agree but you can't rest on your laurels I'm afraid. BAE left back for me sooner rather than later.

Dunne fantastic. Reads the game like a book.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Tis my concern stanley......

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Yeah I know..... I guess that's the price of having a winning team. Heart rules head for me regarding Clint, though.....
                Yeah agree 100% 77...proper warrior.

Comment

Dunne is last seasons nelsen
                  Last edited by terry ball; 14-09-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Dunne was excellent today along with the chief they look really solid together H.R might rest him Wed bring in Bae at left back and Clint CB, Dunne played for Ireland last week 3 games in a week might be too much

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Sorry not having Hill at LB at allllllll!

Love the bloke but got turned inside out about 5 times today by an ageing Chris Burke. A young nippy winger will have him on toast. He's getting on & hasn't the legs. Can't change a winning team keeping clean sheets I agree but you can't rest on your laurels I'm afraid. BAE left back for me sooner rather than later.

Dunne fantastic. Reads the game like a book.

Hill is a centre back and gets badly exposed at full back plus he gives very little going forward. Dunne and Onhura look very solid so unfortunately there is no room for Hill. Harsh yes, but better to make the change now than regret it after we loose three points which could be costly at the end of the season.

Both Dunne and Hill will pick up injuries due to their age so both will get game time and its a squad thing, be interesting to see how Hill takes it, if indeed it happens.

Comment

Maybe the answer is that Hill and Dunne rotate between each other as both will need a rest therefore they both get the breather whilst keeping up fitness levels

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

Hill is a centre back and gets badly exposed at full back plus he gives very little going forward. Dunne and Onhura look very solid so unfortunately there is no room for Hill. Harsh yes, but better to make the change now than regret it after we loose three points which could be costly at the end of the season.

Both Dunne and Hill will pick up injuries due to their age so both will get game time and its a squad thing, be interesting to see how Hill takes it, if indeed it happens.
                          The three clean sheets and 1 assist and 1 goal in those 3 games might suggest otherwise.

Much rather have solidity than a fullback flying up there leaving us exposed. Ekotto is good, but all my Spurs mates think he is technically sound but can be a liability, like he will try juggling with it in his own box, and other crazy sh1t. Always switches off at least a couple of times a game apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                            Yes but should be rested Wednesday.
                            That's why Harry has brought Assou-Ekotto. He knows they cannot play 40+ games. I think one of them will be rested on Wednesday.
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

Strangely, he set up the goal for Johnson against Bolton and scored against Leeds, but I agree with you.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X