Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richest Club V Richest Owners In The World?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, seeing as they didn't start with the absolute basics of a good youth policy (academy?) and a good scouting network, they're only choice is to spend big. However, on our crowds at LR, they will need to continue to spend, spend, spend to remain competitive.

I don't think they will.

I'd love to see what they're plan really is and whether they genuinely think they are on target. I get the feeling that Flab is so pre-occupied with his Go Karts that he isn't really concentrating on us. When that is all over, he'll turn his attentions to who next to sack...

And, let's be honest, if we wait more than a couple of years, the F1 hobbit will probably pop his clogs. Wonder if he left QPR anything in his Will????

Comment

in the last 10 years how many have come thorough the youth set-up and been successful?

I understand where you are coming from, but its not that easy. A young player with talent is going to go straight away to the prem to take his chance.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

we need to spend because if we go up flavio will have to dig very deep in his pockets to keep us in the premiership,
        QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          in the last 10 years how many have come thorough the youth set-up and been successful?

I understand where you are coming from, but its not that easy. A young player with talent is going to go straight away to the prem to take his chance.
          It must be a priority for clubs like ours to produce talent, especially local talent.

Have a look at a club called Senrab F.C, only a sunday league team mind, they helped produced the current England captain and Jermaine Defoe.

what are they doing right that we can copy?

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/senrab/history.pl
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Trouble is, when we have been successful in this area, its when we were doing well in the premiership. Football has changed so much, if you are a parent and have a great talented kid, you are very unlikely to make QPR your first choice, unless we make the premiership.

Even scouting these kids is difficult, if they are any good they will be paoached by someone else. It is a difficult dillemma
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Trouble is, when we have been successful in this area, its when we were doing well in the premiership. Football has changed so much, if you are a parent and have a great talented kid, you are very unlikely to make QPR your first choice, unless we make the premiership.

Even scouting these kids is difficult, if they are any good they will be paoached by someone else. It is a difficult dillemma
              I don't disagree for one minute it's difficult, But Senrab aren't in the Premership, they play on Wansted flats by all accounts.

When we were doing very well in producing talent it was prior to the Premiership.

Who have we produced from schoolboy through to Professional since the Premiership started?.

Comment

When we had a good youth policy, the good youngsters used to get into the first team quite quickly, because QPR were a selling club, so we needed to produce and sell to keep the club going, this made us attractive to parants with promising youngsters, weather we were in the prem or not.

QPR now do not have as good a youth policy and also no longer a selling club, so any kids that may be good enough, find it tougher to get into the first team ( cos we buy playes rather than promote our own) and the shop window for the big boys, so we are not the attraction we used to be for parants.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

When the club sold Clive Allen (who was only a teenager at the time ) to arsenal for over a million, club were inundated with parants who wanted to get there kids into our youth setup...........
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

As a for instance, how much time, effort & money did it cost Southampton to produce Theo Walcott?.

Surely we should be organised enough to at least try.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                      When the club sold Clive Allen (who was only a teenager at the time ) to arsenal for over a million, club were inundated with parants who wanted to get there kids into our youth setup...........
                      so what has to change within our setup so we get back producing top class players again.

Anyone kmow?

Comment

Working...
                      X