Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richest Club V Richest Owners In The World?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richest Club V Richest Owners In The World?

If it all goes pear shaped this season, do we have to consider getting promoted by doing it the "team down the road" way?

Splashing the cash and take the league by storm, or do we continue to do it gradually?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Spend spend spend.Will we ever see a 5/6 mill player bought by us or even a 10 mill.Cant see it in my lifetime and im 40 and fit.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Well you have to do it gradually, it takes time to build a winning side and a quality side in numbers... So I believe a 4 year plan is about the right way in doing that.
      I still think, however, that the board are not going for it this year, but are merely testing the waters and probably seeing how far we can with what we've added over the summer. I maintain that next season 2010/11 will be our year for promotion.

I think we are just 2/3 players off a top 2 side, if they can add 2/3 quality players next summer then I think the 4 year plan being promoted is the right way forward for QPR.

Comment

to be honest if it goes pair shaped then its clear that the board have made the mistake..

we are really only 3/4 players off having a capable team which can win this league.

sadly two of those 4 are strikers!

we would need to reevaluate our team first.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

It's not like we would have to spend billions! Around 10-15 million spent wisely would probably see you out of this league that's not a great deal when you look at the money you gain just from being in the Premiership!

Comment

I wonder what our sponsors think about how well the project is doing?

The project is 2 years old now,they must have a view, after all their supposedly pumping in record amounts.

What they consider their investment worthwhile so far?
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

It would be interesting to know what the sponsorship deals are. How much of that sponsorship money does the club lose out on if we don't get promoted and when it runs out.

Also I can't see the board spending big to get us out of here. There are comments of us being 2 or 3 players short of gaining promotion. Well at least 3 of what can be considered key players are loans who could well go back. Can anybody see players like Stewart, Vine, Buscaky, Cook and Rowlands improving next season. I feel their best days are now behind them and fans are already questioning whether they are good enough now.

I think us achieving the 4 year target is tougher now that it was a year ago.

Comment

Spend big, in Championship terms and reap the rewards in the Prem.

Comment

spend big on a poacher

we need to spend in order to score!
                  i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                    Well you have to do it gradually, it takes time to build a winning side and a quality side in numbers... So I believe a 4 year plan is about the right way in doing that.
                    I still think, however, that the board are not going for it this year, but are merely testing the waters and probably seeing how far we can with what we've added over the summer. I maintain that next season 2010/11 will be our year for promotion.

I think we are just 2/3 players off a top 2 side, if they can add 2/3 quality players next summer then I think the 4 year plan being promoted is the right way forward for QPR.
                    It my heart of hearts i think your right.
                    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Spend big now, and the cash that the club will rake in by virtue of being in the premiership will be enormous.
                      I'm afraid that in modern football, doing it the Chelshyte way, is more often than not, the only sure way of gaining success.
                      I think we'd need more than four years if we're hoping to do it as cheaply as possible.
                      Some have said we need 3 to four players to make us contenders, they're right. But we need them now, especially the one or two who are adept at putting the ball in the net regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        Spend big now, and the cash that the club will rake in by virtue of being in the premiership will be enormous.
                        I'm afraid that in modern football, doing it the Chelshyte way, is more often than not, the only sure way of gaining success.
                        I think we'd need more than four years if we're hoping to do it as cheaply as possible.
                        Some have said we need 3 to four players to make us contenders, they're right. But we need them now, especially the one or two who are adept at putting the ball in the net regularly.
                        Hooper=£2million-£2.5million?
                        Earnshaw=£3million-£3.5million?
                        Spurr=£1million-£1.5million?

so about £7.5 million to get out of this league and how much do you get when you go up from tv rights, sponsorships... etc. ?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr-buzsaky View Post
                          Hooper=£2million-£2.5million?
                          Earnshaw=£3million-£3.5million?
                          Spurr=£1million-£1.5million?

so about £7.5 million to get out of this league and how much do you get when you go up from tv rights, sponsorships... etc. ?
                          You've hit the nail on the head, mate. I just wish the, errr, businessmen (s******) on the board of directors at Loftus Rd could get their heads around the concept of speculating in order to accumulate tens of millions of pounds.
                          Or is that akin to rocket science for Flav & Co?

Comment

The censoring on this board is really annoying! :anger:

The word butchered in the brackets was, S N I G G E R ffs. :anger:

Comment

ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X