Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odemwingie

Excuse spelling ...

Wasn't even in the west brom squad ... Don't believe he's injured ..

Reckon he could still be a good acquisition ..
    Last edited by skranger; 25-08-2013, 10:22 AM.

I read this morning that cardiff and even stoke cld be interested...

Comment

I seriously wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. You look at our squad and the kind of characters we have, he wouldn't fit in. Yes he's a great finisher, but I think spirit in the team is so much more important at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
        I read this morning that cardiff and even stoke cld be interested...
        Swansea as well.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
          I seriously wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. You look at our squad and the kind of characters we have, he wouldn't fit in. Yes he's a great finisher, but I think spirit in the team is so much more important at the moment.
          I can see your point Kent. His character doesn't fit with this squad.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

If we had signed him in January he'd now be on the list with Bosingwa.

Comment

For all the praise WBA got for taking a stand in January I bet there kicking themselves now and wish they had taken the case. Their stance could potentially cost them more money then if they had done the deal

Don't like WBA so pleased they dropped a b ollock with this one and reckon they could struggle this season

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                when i read the op thats exactly what came into my head wouldn't risk the dressing room for an ego.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  For all the praise WBA got for taking a stand in January I bet there kicking themselves now and wish they had taken the case. Their stance could potentially cost them more money then if they had done the deal

Don't like WBA so pleased they dropped a b ollock with this one and reckon they could struggle this season
                  It's weird but I was thinking the other day that I actually quite like West Brom, simply because their one of their players Zoltan Gera done his cruciate twice last season and they actually just gave him a 1 year extension to his contract, which just seems a pretty decent thing to do in the current mercenary disloyal football world we live in. 99% of clubs would have just let him go without question, just thought it was a nice touch.

They just seem like a pretty well run club, and stuff like that would be recognised by the other players and would encourage team spirit and loyalty (excluding Odemwingie obviously!).

Comment

have found west brom like all brum teams..quite sneaky in their ways.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Hope he is nowhere near Loftus Road on transfer deadline day - proper little mug who would no doubt upset the spirit we have built

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                        It's weird but I was thinking the other day that I actually quite like West Brom, simply because their one of their players Zoltan Gera done his cruciate twice last season and they actually just gave him a 1 year extension to his contract, which just seems a pretty decent thing to do in the current mercenary disloyal football world we live in. 99% of clubs would have just let him go without question, just thought it was a nice touch.

They just seem like a pretty well run club, and stuff like that would be recognised by the other players and would encourage team spirit and loyalty (excluding Odemwingie obviously!).
                        If they done that Cat for Gera then that is a blinding gesture by the club which is now a cut throat industry

As for well run I don't think there stand last season over Odenwingie was the sign of a well run club as its now costing them money, yes they win on the moral ground basis but business and morals are separate.

What did they turn down from us was it not £2.5mil. If we assume he is on £40k a week they have now shelled out since January £1.1m on his wages for a player they cannot play as he dont want to be there and the fans don't want him to play so that's a cost to date of approx. £3.6m. He has I think another year on his contract so if hes not shifted in the next week they potentially will have to pay him for a further 10months which is another £1.6m in wages total cost of £5.2m then they loose him on a free and to me that's not good business as football is not like a normal business

Financially they made an appalling decision not flogging us to him, morally and taking a stand it looked good on them and got alot of plaudits but slaps on the back from the press wont pay the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                          Excuse spelling ...

Wasn't even in the west brom squad ... Don't believe he's injured ..

Reckon he could still be a good acquisition ..
                          He went for a drive

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            If they done that Cat for Gera then that is a blinding gesture by the club which is now a cut throat industry

As for well run I don't think there stand last season over Odenwingie was the sign of a well run club as its now costing them money, yes they win on the moral ground basis but business and morals are separate.

What did they turn down from us was it not £2.5mil. If we assume he is on £40k a week they have now shelled out since January £1.1m on his wages for a player they cannot play as he dont want to be there and the fans don't want him to play so that's a cost to date of approx. £3.6m. He has I think another year on his contract so if hes not shifted in the next week they potentially will have to pay him for a further 10months which is another £1.6m in wages total cost of £5.2m then they loose him on a free and to me that's not good business as football is not like a normal business

Financially they made an appalling decision not flogging us to him, morally and taking a stand it looked good on them and got alot of plaudits but slaps on the back from the press wont pay the bills.
                            I see what you're saying West but maybe they are just trying to do things the right way, and by applying morals and not just thinking about the quick buck could be a more long term view to things. They seem to be fairly well established in the Prem, and have quite a few long-standing players and are not often in the headlines, which we might not realise is actually a good thing!!

The Odemwingie saga did cost them but I think they were just showing other clubs and players that they do not conform to this player/agent run way of doing things.

Most probably a bit idealistic but I do kind of appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                            X