No announcement yet.

Strikers in Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What evidence do we have that Simpson is the best striker at the club? Until he regularly scores goals it's hard to tell. We also have seen hardly anything of Pellicori, but from what we have seen from reserves, pre-seasons and in the cup is that he can finish. He's not match fit and he's never going to be a pacey striker, but he can hold the ball up and he's good in the air and he can finish, so i think he'll be a good player for us. I think as things stand, Taraabt and Vine are our two best strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by New Cross R View Post
      What evidence do we have that Simpson is the best striker at the club? Until he regularly scores goals it's hard to tell. We also have seen hardly anything of Pellicori, but from what we have seen from reserves, pre-seasons and in the cup is that he can finish. He's not match fit and he's never going to be a pacey striker, but he can hold the ball up and he's good in the air and he can finish, so i think he'll be a good player for us. I think as things stand, Taraabt and Vine are our two best strikers.
      Sad state of affairs summed up there.
      Because neither of them are out and out strikers.

Comment

Of course, if you measured them by number of goals scored against time on the field, Pellicori would be top and Simpson bottom.

Just an indication of how worthless judging them so soon is.
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

er Taraabt is a midfielder..
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Tarrabt
            Simpson
            Helguson
            Balanta
            Pellicori
            Vine
            Ageymang
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Only 3 strikers in list. HH, Aggy and Pellicori. All of which would be joint worst.

Others are attacking midfielders.

Not sure how Simpson can be top when he has played 1 game.
              :drunk:

Comment

Pete - Are the top 3 on your list good enough for a team wanting to finish in the top two of one of the hardest league's in the world to get promoted from ?

Comment

Yes, they sure are
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

This post sums up why we're struggling. We have an untested youngster who has only played 1 game for us. As our best striker. What is intersting is that whilst people are happy to include midfielders into the list in tarrabt and Vine. They have not included our highest scorers(all games) this season so far in Routledge and Hogan.

Comment

When I ran a similar thread in January it showed that the fans rated Blackstock over the likes of Agyemang and De Carmine and at the time people agreed that both De Carmine and Agyemang should leave the club before Blackstock ever does. That clearly didn't happen and the results of this thread shows that people like Agyemang and Pellicori should leave the club before someone like Helguson (i.e. the fans value Helguson more than they do other strikers) but it looks like we are going to let another striker who is better than others at the club go first.

I always thought that the best way to improve a squad is to let the worst players go first and replace them with better players. Instead we've sold a starting left back and striker and didn't replace the left back and replaced the striker with someone who struggles to even get on the bench. Yes Simpson has since been brought in but it seems only as a result of the failings of others.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Yes, they sure are
                        A little while ago you were saying give it 10 games and then you wrote a sob story about how you were wrong and that we need a proven striker or two.

On the basis we have not signed one or two proven strikers, was your sob story waffle and why have you changed your mind ?
                        Last edited by paulmason; 10-09-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          A little while ago you were saying give it 10 games and then you wrote a sob story about how you were wrong and that we need a proven striker or two.

On the basis we have not signed one or two proven strikers, was your sob story waffle and why have you changed your mind ?
                          Yes it was and you won't get an answer.

Comment

Does anyone remember the title of the thread so I can go and read it agian ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                              Does anyone remember the title of the thread so I can go and read it agian ?
                              Paul, think this might be the one you mean:

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=26208

Comment

Since then we have got in Simpson and tarrabt looks like scoring. So happy at mo.

by the way, regarding fans polls, maybe Superkut can find it?/

Supporters preferred De carmine and Agyemang to Blackstock, 12 months ago

Shows how much we know

Comment

Working...
                                X