Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry's press conference

First time I listened & won't bother again

I thought it was an R's conference but it was all spurs spurs bale bale (lovely lad) spurs bale & horses.

And a little bit of R's
    AJ being assessed for tomorrow, Defoe doubtful as a prem player.

Turned off!! It was the journalists asking him tho.
    Can someone tweet our bloke and try to get them to stick to our team in future?
    Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
    First time I listened & won't bother again

I thought it was an R's conference but it was all spurs spurs bale bale (lovely lad) spurs bale & horses.

And a little bit of R's
    AJ being assessed for tomorrow, Defoe doubtful as a prem player.

Turned off!! It was the journalists asking him tho.
    Can someone tweet our bloke and try to get them to stick to our team in future?
    No mention of monkeys then....? Reckon Harry missed the bandwagon there!!

Comment

Haven't you ever thought that by talking about various matters you get a bigger audience and more publicity (for the Club). If he is just going to say who is available then nobody will listen and they can just post that on the website. If he talks about players coming in he gets stick, if he talks about other teams he gets stick.

I guess what everybody wants is ............... are still injured, .................. should play tomorrow. Oh can't do that Bolton would know our plans for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Haven't you ever thought that by talking about various matters you get a bigger audience and more publicity (for the Club). If he is just going to say who is available then nobody will listen and they can just post that on the website. If he talks about players coming in he gets stick, if he talks about other teams he gets stick.

I guess what everybody wants is ............... are still injured, .................. should play tomorrow. Oh can't do that Bolton would know our plans for the game.
        A very sensible and reasoned post..........totally agree with you.........nice one!

Comment

Why the surprise?

Harry is a media darling and they want to put him on screen on sky sports news, like they do with prem managers, hence they have set topics to bring up at the press conferences to get many opinions. Harry's no longer in the prem, but they want to use him hence ask him about all sorts.

I'm sure if he said no comment to all the non QPR questions, people would then moan also.

Comment

Why is he doing a press conference anyway? Don't think it's obligatory any more.

Comment

Its just a weekly chat.

Comment

Friday Press Conference..

Lifted from LFW

Probably be busy, looking around. Difficult. If we can't get the ones we want we'll sit tight, if there are one or two we like we'll go for them.

Julio Cesar is a fantastic goalkeeper, that's not a sales pitch Amazing professional, great guy, A keeper for any big club in the world, every medal there is to win, can't believe one of the big clubs of the world haven't come in.

Rob Green excellent for us, good form Murphy is a good keeper as well. Very lucky.

Joey playing well, exemplary behaviour, not a minute's problem, first time I've worked with him, great on the training ground and on the pitch and off the pitch. Not expecting offers, no contact with any other clubs. Big part of the team.

COMMENCE GARETH BALE WNKATHON

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
                zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz
                zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz

Amazing money, Ronaldo, Messi, on that stage now, hopefully capable of carrying the price tag, fantastic talent, wish him well.

Don't get an easy game at Leeds, one of English football's great clubs, great support home and away, intimidating, good manager, good team. Triffic.

They will be there or thereabouts, nobody will go to Elland Road and get an easy game, they'll be up there.

30,000 people there, we'll have to be at our best.

Started well enough, games all been very even. Edged all the games so far. Happy with squad and the way we're going, attitude of the players excellent.

Lots of changes, 18 players out, those here want to be here and that's important. There are one or two positions need strengthening. We haven't got strong nubers. Couple of kids on the bench. Not a big squad, but it's a good group. Could do with one or two more.

Hopefully not a late night on Monday, don't want to be running around at 11pm to do a deal. We'll see what happens - smiles. Slurps tea.

Disappointed with Swindon, thought we had enough to win. We stood off them and let them play, they have some kids from Spurs who are good footballers. We got after them second half and had enough chances to win.

Funny results in that competition. No easy games. If your attitude isn't spot on you're in trouble.

Wish Adel well at Fulham, part of their team, hope he has a good season.

Players powerful. We had players here saying they were injured because they wanted to move. Wrong. Getting told be their agents to not train. If they say they're injured difficult to prove they're not.

RECOMMENCE GARETH BALE WNKATHON

Better off away from the training ground, deal will get done, everybody will be happy.

That's that.

Comment

I did not see a posting for today (30 August) so thought I would post the info from QPR offy twitter here. If already posted please ignore.
                  HR - We're looking around and seeing if we can improve the squad. If there's one or two we like, we'll have a go for them. If there's nothing doing, we'll sit tight and see how we go.
                  I can't believe that one of the big clubs in the world hasn't come in for Cesar. he's a world class goalkeeper.
                  Joey is here and playing well. I've been delighted with him. He's been great for me. No-one has rung us. There's been no contact.
                  What's happening at Spurs isn't my concern. I'm fully focused on what's happening here at QPR!
                  You never get an easy game at Leeds. They're one of the great clubs in English football. They've got a good manager and a good team. It will be an intimidating atmosphere tomorrow. We'll have to be at our best to get a result, that's for sure.
                  I'm happy with how we're going. The lads have been first class. We've just edged games and got good results. There's a good feeling.
                  It's not a big squad, but it's a squad I'm very pleased with now. We're looking a better outfit and the players are buying into it.
                  Hopefully it won't be too late a night on Monday. We hope we can get a couple in before 11.00pm, but let's see what happen.
                  Tuesday was disappointing. I picked a team I thought would win the game. We had enough chances, but Swindon played well. There always seems to be upsets in that competition - the @CapitalOne_Cup. Just look at some of the results this week! Young @Momoselaa is a lively, little player. We hope he's one for the future, but only time will tell. He's done well though.
                  Junior is okay. He's training today and hopefully he'll be ready for tomorrow.
                  @phillips_matty has joined in with the group, but he can't do full contact just yet. We'll monitor him over the next few weeks.
                  Last edited by jmelanie; 30-08-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update!! Appreciated!
                    I really hope we will get a few players in by Thursday. Here´s hoping, anyway,
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Thanks jmelanie. That's great.

Comment

I like Harry's PCs. Always says nothing in a triffic way!

Comment

Thanks Mel but I wish Matty was fit and ready to go for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            I like Harry's PCs. Always says nothing in a triffic way!
                            Funny init!!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              Thanks Mel but I wish Matty was fit and ready to go for tomorrow.
                              Will Matty ever be fit and ready to go. Sorry, wrong Matty.

Comment

Working...
                              X