Players who we want to move on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players who we want to move on

Probably the Club is trying to move on the players who did not go on tour, but has there been any progress regarding them going. For example

Joey Barton Rumoured to be seeing a London premiership team last week, but this rumour was only from one source.
    Bosingwa Rumoured to be going to Russia but wants to much money
    Cesar. Rumours of him going to a number of teams but nobody appears to want to match his wages, though a return to Milan was rumoured
    Taarabt ?
    Samba Diakite A couple of rumours but nothing definite.
    Anton Ferdinand? (who isn't actually listed on the offy but then neither is Faurlin)

Are we going to be stuck with this players (and presumably use them) or do you think they will move on.

I didn't mention Granero or Remy who both went on the tour.

If anybody has any news would appreciate it.

I think we will shift a few more if the players considered surplus to requirements before season starts

Comment

Isn“t Bosingwa on his way to Trabsonspor.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Trouble is they don't want to move on unless the money's right. We pay too well!

Comment

Not ITK but here's what I've heard and read about the players the OP has mentioned.

Barton wants a move to Marseille but also doesn't want to take a 50% drop in salary. We have point blank refused to bankroll the deal (like we did last season), in response Barton has asked for a 3m quid pay-off to terminate his contract. Not aware of any interest from the Premiership, my guess this one will play out until near the end of the transfer window and then a compromise with Barton & Marseille will be found somehow.

Bosingwa is talks with Trabzonspor but similar to Barton, he is looking a significant drop in salary so we'll see how that one pans out. No doubt he'll come asking for a pay-off but I'm sure the club will be firm and refuse.

Cesar I'm sure will either end up at Arsenal or back in Italy. The club are saying there has been no official approach from anyone but I'm sure Cesar's agents are working overtime to find him the best deal.

Taarabt, zero interest from anyone on signing him from what I can tell. Harry came out and said he doesn't want to loan him out but I suspect if there are no cash buyers as the transfer window approaches he may end up getting loaned out to get him out of the way and off the wage bill.

Diakite, a few rumours circulating that he's more or less gone. There were whispers about Hughes being interested in taking him to Stoke but my money is in him returning to France.

Ferdinand, I have heard absolutely nothing on him. Hopefully someone is still daft enough to sign him off the strength of his surname.

Granero seems to be knuckling down on pre-season and there hasn't been too much speculation about a move. I know Swansea were interested but they were trying to get him on the cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of interest on him as the end of the transfer window approaches.

Remy, it would seem half the Premiership are interested but nobody wants to take a punt until the likely outcome of this rape case is a bit more clear. Personally I think he will be with us until January.

Comment

Agree with most of what Trabie said except that I think Diakite's contract will be teminated by mutual concent and Ferdinand will sign for another Championship club.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
              Agree with most of what Trabie said except that I think Diakite's contract will be teminated by mutual concent and Ferdinand will sign for another Championship club.
              It would be a huge loss terminating Diakite's contract, we paid 3.5m for him and paid his salary for a year, and yet he's hardly played. That said, who's gonna pay a fee for him?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                It would be a huge loss terminating Diakite's contract, we paid 3.5m for him and paid his salary for a year, and yet he's hardly played. That said, who's gonna pay a fee for him?!!!
                B0ll0cks to terminating his contract. As you say, we've spent millions on him, rather keep him on the books & have him available for selection. We've $punked enough money up the wall as it is, without fritting away a further few mill to release a player.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I have a feeling Granero will be with us until January unless Swansea make a bid towards the end of the window. To be honest, if he is played in his actual position as an attacking central midfielder, he may just prove the creative outlet we need (though based on last season this is highly unlikely, but you never know)

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    B0ll0cks to terminating his contract. As you say, we've spent millions on him, rather keep him on the books & have him available for selection. We've $punked enough money up the wall as it is, without fritting away a further few mill to release a player.
                    I agree with that, but I also think that Diakite is a good player. He showed he can play during his loan spell. Yes, he is quilty of recklessly diving into challenges, but so was Viera, and Scholes and a number of other decent players. I am not saying he is in their league, but he is certainly good enough for the Championship.

They have already given a free to Cisse who I thought they could have sold for at least £500K, so no way would I be happy to see his contract terminated. If the Board are that keen on giving players away for free, why dont they give free coach travel to away games (like Stoke) or free or vastly reduced prices for match tickets to fans.

Comment

QPR only have themselves to blame for signing them all on over inflated wages that was never worth it.

Well hardly anyone has gone so that tells me no one wants any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I agree with that, but I also think that Diakite is a good player. He showed he can play during his loan spell. Yes, he is quilty of recklessly diving into challenges, but so was Viera, and Scholes and a number of other decent players. I am not saying he is in their league, but he is certainly good enough for the Championship.

They have already given a free to Cisse who I thought they could have sold for at least £500K, so no way would I be happy to see his contract terminated. If the Board are that keen on giving players away for free, why dont they give free coach travel to away games (like Stoke) or free or vastly reduced prices for match tickets to fans.
                        The problem is that we have made some horrendous errors in the transfer market. We have paid over the odds for some players and it would appear we are paying salaries that are too high for most, our first team are apparently earning anything from 20,000 to 65,000 quid a week. Sometimes a mutual termination with no pay off (which was the case with Cisse) can actually be less costly than trying to sell a player with little or no real market value!
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 23-07-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

so mbia and park and granero stay to watch henry+oneil+ohara play in midfield - ah, it all makes sense now

Comment

Spent millions to get relegated .....good job everyone! Just have a feeling it could take a few years to get back to where we was after the damage inflicted the past 2 seasons. We have players we dont want on high wages that nobody is willing to pay and this is near enough the same team that managed 4 wins all last season. Good enough for promotion this season? time will tell although i am thinking Harry was hoping for a lot more out so he could bring a lot more in. Hands are tied by the mistakes already made.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              Spent millions to get relegated .....good job everyone! Just have a feeling it could take a few years to get back to where we was after the damage inflicted the past 2 seasons. We have players we dont want on high wages that nobody is willing to pay and this is near enough the same team that managed 4 wins all last season. Good enough for promotion this season? time will tell although i am thinking Harry was hoping for a lot more out so he could bring a lot more in. Hands are tied by the mistakes already made.
                              There is a long way to go in the transfer window, and to be honest there are a load of sides that haven't done much business as yet. I reckon there will be a mad frenzy towards the end of the window where compromises will be made on all the deals that have been stalling over terms and fees. I also reckon Harry will also have a decent loan or 2 up his sleeve from the Prem!

Comment

Working...
                              X