QPR's bid for Hooper rejected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR's bid for Hooper rejected.

Our £5m bid has apparently been turned down according to The Mail this morning.TBF I've always understood that £7m was the price that Celtic wanted.Do you think we should go to that? I think we should with our lack of fire power and time running out.

Says in today's sun that he wants to go to Norwich anyway ! I know I will get shot down for this but I'd still go for Charlie Austin prob get him for half the price also take billy sharp as is available for 850,000 I read somewhere and scores for fun in the championship

Comment

Celtic have until 4pm today to decide if they will accept Norwich bid of 4m
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I'd also still look at Austin and asses how bad his injury is . Seemed to be doing ok at burnly with it . Maybe it's one of those things that's not much of an issue ? Sharp is another good shout

Comment

Why would celtic accept 4m if they have turned down 5 m from us ! Hope that's true cos will put them out the running ! Also saw the celtic cb kelvin Wilson is available and Leicester are interested a bargain at 1m !

Comment

Norwich have already signed 7 players this season including 2 dutch strikers one for 9 million so i imagine they woundnt want to go past 4 mill certainly not to 7.

Comment

I think he'll end up signing for Reading ...

Which will greatly annoy me.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/fo...-heads-4188521
              Last edited by RangerJim; 15-07-2013, 09:00 AM.
              R T I D :yush:

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Norwich have already signed 7 players this season including 2 dutch strikers one for 9 million so i imagine they woundnt want to go past 4 mill certainly not to 7.

We haven't signed one out and out striker yet this window, let alone two!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiz View Post
                  We haven't signed one out and out striker yet this window, let alone two!
                  I thought Ricky van Wolfswinkel and the new Guy Fer (21 goals in 71 appearences ) were strikers?

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                    Our £5m bid has apparently been turned down according to The Mail this morning.TBF I've always understood that £7m was the price that Celtic wanted.Do you think we should go to that? I think we should with our lack of fire power and time running out.
                    Celtic won't get £7 million for a player with only 1 year left on his contract. Celtic are just playing hard ball. They need the money to reduce their debt. The sale of Wanyama has help them out massively so they are now in no rush to sell but they will want to cash in on Hooper rather than lose him for free so he'll defiantly move on.

Comment

3London, Fer is a centremid!

Comment

Well If he wants Norwich then I don't blame him. He played in Champions League so how comes he suddenly drops down to the Championship let alone that the SPL isn't better than the Championship.

As for Austin, my only worry is that he could have had one good season like Darren Ambrose.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Apparently it could be done for £5.5m (Daily Mail this morning). Personally not sure why he would turn down the Premier league for us but if he does that is quality.

Miss out on Hooper though and I'd go for Austin (£4m), Sharp (£1m) AND Crouch (£1m) - we all know at least one of Zamora and Johnson will be crocked after the first game and Remy is likely to disappear either to Newcastle or Pentonville !

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                            Celtic won't get £7 million for a player with only 1 year left on his contract. Celtic are just playing hard ball. They need the money to reduce their debt. The sale of Wanyama has help them out massively so they are now in no rush to sell but they will want to cash in on Hooper rather than lose him for free so he'll defiantly move on.
                            This!

Celtic won't be losing a player like Hooper for nothing (or next to nothing in January) and he has already said he isn't signing a new deal. Sounds like us and Norwich are the only parties to put something concrete on the table, I know Hull were looking a few weeks back but that appears to have cooled.

Personally I can't understand why Hooper wouldn't be holding out for Premiership football, he is definitely good enough. I guess we'll see how things pan out over the next few days!

Comment

Absolutely kidding ourselves if we think a player will turn down a Premier league club for us.

Would love to be proved wrong though

Comment

Working...
                              X