No announcement yet.

Diakité - keep or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought we saw him on the first day of preseason.

Comment

Anybody any idea what is happening with him?

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
        Anybody any idea what is happening with him?
        Lot's or rumours that he's on the brink on signing a contract elsewhere, not sure who the club is though. Rumours were that Hughes wanted to take him to Stoke but I'd guess he's heading back to France!

Comment

Soon to be turning out for the Broadmoor 11..

Comment

Any player not included in the Pre season friendlys are the players that won't be here next season and Diakite is one of them.

QPR are trying to offload him.

Comment

Offload or section?

Comment

Loveable fruitcake

Comment

The bloke has untold ability & I thought we had a proper gem on our hands when we signed him, but, low & behold, he's apparently a sandwich short of a picnic. Shame if we do lose him cos if he can sort himself out he would boss near on every midfield in that division. Personally reckon he will be shipped off back to France though.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    The bloke has untold ability & I thought we had a proper gem on our hands when we signed him, but, low & behold, he's apparently a sandwich short of a picnic. Shame if we do lose him cos if he can sort himself out he would boss near on every midfield in that division. Personally reckon he will be shipped off back to France though.
                    Normally it is very clever and articulate people that suffer mental problems so think you aren't understanding the problem matt
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Normally it is very clever and articulate people that suffer mental problems so think you aren't understanding the problem matt
                      Sorry but where has it been stated he has mental issues? All hear say - he just got sent home "for personal reasons" and a poster on here (who's name escapes me so apologies to him!) stated that he knew the reason & if we were to find out we would be shocked as it was that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Sorry but where has it been stated he has mental issues? All hear say - he just got sent home "for personal reasons" and a poster on here (who's name escapes me so apologies to him!) stated that he knew the reason & if we were to find out we would be shocked as it was that stupid.
                        interesting post and i'd like to know the whole truth then.

I thought it was depression/mental breakdown. Apologies and the guy that knows what went on should inform us fans because it doesn't sound like he deserves much sympathy then
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Oh well, hope we're not paying him then.

Comment

I thought it was depression/mental breakdown. Apologies and the guy that knows what went on should inform us fans because it doesn't sound like he deserves much sympathy then
                            You & me both. Don't get me wrong, if he has serious medical issues then I feel for the bloke I really do. But I'm just going by what the poster mentioned (as I PM'd him to see if he could elaborate - which he advised me he couldn't due to whom he received the info from!) when I say he's barmy.

Again, shame though, as he could be a top player.

Comment

I'm not sure anybody really knows what is going on. We were originally told that he had gone back to France for personal reasons. Then came the rumour that he was suffering from depression which was denied. There were also rumours that he was suffering from malaria.

Whatever the reasons (and I am not sure we will ever know) Harry has decided that he has no future with the Club.

If as is being suggested Stoke are interested in signing him, Hughes doesn't appear to see a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                                I'm not sure anybody really knows what is going on. We were originally told that he had gone back to France for personal reasons. Then came the rumour that he was suffering from depression which was denied. There were also rumours that he was suffering from malaria.

Whatever the reasons (and I am not sure we will ever know) Harry has decided that he has no future with the Club.

If as is being suggested Stoke are interested in signing him, Hughes doesn't appear to see a problem.
                                It's a strange one isn't it? Obviously the bulk of his "issues", whatever they may have been were whilst Hughes was in charge. As I understand it he was back and available to play under Redknapp for most of the second half of last season but whatever reason he didn't get a look in.

I'd love to know what the actual reasons were, particularly as it appears that whatever they were they haven't put Hughes off from looking at Diakite again. My guess is that there is some truth in the whole depression thing, bear in mind that in the period of time since Diakite joined the club there has been terrible violence in his home country of Mali. All sorts of atrocities & ethnic cleansing going on there and it is all down to religious extremism. I would imagine that type of thing has to cause a lot of stress and heartache!

All that said though, if he is not in the right frame of mind to play for the club I really would rather he wasn't here claiming a wage.

Comment

Working...
                                X