Dean Parrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Parrett

Is he any good? just read Spuds have released him and he's a free agent.read his wiki page and hes not exactly lived up to his potential.Im sure when he moved from us as a schoolboy to Spuds some serious money changed hands like a million quid or something along those lines?
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Was highly rated as a youngster with us before Spurs nabbed him - not sure of the transfer fee though tbh. Never really cut the mustard there, think he was sent out on loan to about 5 different clubs.

Another example of a PL club ruining a promising youngster. If he had stayed here he would probably be a very good Championship player.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

There was a scadlous rumour doing the rounds that the club got a mill but the fee was TWO mill with the balance going in other directions to those party to the deal.

I cant see it myself.

Spuds do have a history of stiffling promising youngsters and by that I mean those who havent yet made their mark in senior teams.
      I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

He was a star player and/or captain for England under 15's or 17's I think at the time spurs got him from us. I heard that the fee was around 1m. His dad is supposed to be a big rangers fan and did not want to move, so he could also be a big r's fan.
        My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

We could prob put together what would have been potentially good starting 11 from players that were rated and gone to big clubs just to disappear off the top of my head there is Parret, Stapleton (ex QPR), Bostock, Keeper that was at ours few years back, Tom Tawio and Michael Woods (to Chelsea from Leeds) even throw in Scott Sinclair

Comment

TWO Mil for a schoolboy!! Mental figure that considering that was paid pretty much on potential alone.He would've had to of been exceptional in a raheem sterling sorta way to force his was into the Spuds first team the way they sign big name players etc.he'll probably end up at Orient or somewhere like that thinking where the **** did it all go wrong!!
            Last edited by Essexsteve; 04-07-2013, 08:07 AM.
            http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

Spurs done same to bostock, this Is what will totally kill our national team, FA need to grow a spine and protect the younger lads IMO, how though I'm not sure tbh

Comment

The PL & Tottenham waste youth players. Don't leave your football league club & you'll get games & progress into the PL. Palace are a good example

Moses, Zaha, Clyne, etc played games & then got their move to the PL when they were ready
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Essexsteve View Post
                  Is he any good? just read Spuds have released him and he's a free agent.read his wiki page and hes not exactly lived up to his potential.Im sure when he moved from us as a schoolboy to Spuds some serious money changed hands like a million quid or something along those lines?
                  Only Harry Redknapp knows whether he is good or not. Interesteing he was with QPR youth team during 2006-07
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Wasted talent along with John Bostock.

Bostock is one I think Harry may pick up now he is out of contract.

Comment

I used to watch him in the youth team games on a Saturday morning over at Harlington and believe me he was head and shoulders above every other player he played against.

Shame to see his talent wasted but it's a prime example of what happens when a 16 year old gets a big money move and thinks he's made it.

Will end up in the semi pro leagues no doubt. Shabazz Baidoo is playing in Ruislip now with Wealdstone! He scored the winner against Leeds not so long ago!!

Comment

QUOTE=DouDou_87;1098333]Shame to see his talent wasted but it's a prime example of what happens when a 16 year old gets a big money move and thinks he's made it.[/QUOTE] Raheem Stirling.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Sef not sure Stirling deserves that as he seems to be making the most of his talent. I expect big things from him.

Comment

I heard somebodies parents got a new house and two new motors out of the deal.
                            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                              Sef not sure Stirling deserves that as he seems to be making the most of his talent. I expect big things from him.
                              I think Sterling is useless personally. I've never seen him sprint past a player with the ball, he needs so much time(which isn't an option in the PL). Another weak Liverpool midfielder & then Liverpool wonder why they aren't in the top 4 but Tottenham are.

I really think he's overrated massively
                              Under Les Ferdinand:
                              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                              X