No announcement yet.

Season tickets sold in last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My own guess is a big drop in demand, many who got ST on the basis we were premiership, won't renew plus the club sold loads of those 1/2 st in the year we went up on the basis by January we looked certs for being promoted. Again a fair few of these may now not renew.
    Others may not renew as they've just had enough.
    Putting aside the rights or wrongs and the current economic climate, I don't know where new st holders will come from this yr save for a few dads whose kids have come of age and the greatest honour can be bestowed on them "the purchase of their first QPR ST"
    Remember a year or two ago, a thread was started on which posters had bought a st for the first time, from memory the thread went over 3 pages, be interesting to see the numbers now.
    Personally reckon this year will be fascinating, if Arry and co can do what they didn't do last year and psych the players up so every game is a cup final, this year could be immense. We have to go up and it's going to be do or die for us....can't wait

Comment

Well iv done my bit and introduced 3 new people to the mecca

Comment

Originally posted by WCE View Post
        Just looked on club website, season tickets now on general sale, only bronze area sold out, not surprising as these are the cheapest seat and there's only a small number of them. As for all the spin about ST selling out fast and in record breaking number what a load of B******.
        I think you will find that if you click onto each part of the ground rather than looking at the general map plan you will see that in the SAR stand the vast majority of seats now available are restricted view as designated by the diagonal pattern of the seats mainly in B and F blocks, and in total there are less than 300 seats available in the upper SAR. In the paddock there are less than 20 seats available. Upper Loft, again mainly restricted view seats towards the corners, and in total around 500 seats left, in the Lower Loft there are less than 300 seats left. Finally in the ER stand only blocks W and X have plenty of seats, but there are less than 1,300 seats left in ER and again you can tell where there are restricted view seats for sale due to the diagonal pattern. Now it seems on the face of this, and given that I would expect that even QPR wouldn't sell restricted view seats before selling normal view seats, there is less than 2,500 seats left in these three sides of the ground, which if accurate is very good news and flies directly in the face of the doom-mongers and the ITK wannabees.

Comment

thank you mr beard
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            thank you mr beard
            Far from it you silly boy.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Good post mate. On the subject of maximum STs allowed; how have Brighton apparently sold 23k then when their ground only holds 30k? Less required away fans allocation of 3k (I believe) - gives them a home support allocation of £27k - and so they've supposedly sold 85% of that as ST when there's a limit of 60% allowed?
              That's what I posted the other day Matty, Brighton wouldn't be able to sell 23k - like with united they are only allowed 51k my pal was telling me who works there

Comment

And to think they averaged 7.5k just 2 years ago (max capacity 8900) before they moved to a nicer stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                  Had a call from rangers today as I put in a request to move my seats to undercover.obviously the people behind me haven't renewed.if its down to financial or my behaviour I can understand,but for football reasons we've been carsey for a long time and don't need followers like that
                  Just with seat behind you down to your behaviour seen it myself. :-)

Comment

Not sure the map has any correlation with the actual amount of empty seats.

I think generally a lot more seats are available but the club limit the sale to make it out that more seats have gone.

At this stage I reckon they throw in restricted with unrestricted, as a marketing tool so potential buyers think tickets are going fast and are funnelled into getting the unrestricted view seats. Stage 2 will be more unrestricted appearing and so on. Bet if you called or turned up you can get a seat where you want to be.

Remember a couple of yrs back got two extra seats for gooner mates days before the match, they never appeared on the interactive map and mysteriously appeared when i made a call.

Remember Leeds game, club had unrestricted tickets in the Ellerslie I think going with a meal for something like over £200.

No one really knows the sales except the club but my hunch is with those that believe sales are not going well.

Comment

Working...
                    X