Players to ship out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players to ship out

OK, just about everyone agrees our squad is too big. To plug the gaps in the two obvious places where we are short of quality we clearly need to make savings (ideally by gaining transfer fees in January, but meanwhile cutting the large wage bill by loaning our players). Who would you farm out, either temporarily or with a view to a permanent move?

Mine would be:

1) Agyman (can't score the goals)
    2) Pellicori (OK so he's just arrived but totally ungainly and slow and no better than what we already have)
    3) Vine (if he doesn't sharpen up in the next month)
    4) Alberti (impressed me several times but too peripheral at the moment)
    5) Gaz (great servant but player/ management in lower leagues awaits)
    6) Mahon (under-rated and v useful in a scrap but lacks sufficient quality to make our midfield now as Legs is better and more versatile)

Would keep hold of Helguson as, despite faults, he is probably the best traditional centre forward we have. Would possibly think about loaning Stewart short term, though now Hall is injured arguably too risky. Can't make a judgement about the youngsters as haven't seen enough of them.

Some will be harder to shift than others. But even if we have to pay half their wages, it will still save money on players who aren't going to get much of a look in any time soon.

Finding a decent centre forward and left back who are available is sure to be tricky, but trimming the squad like this should at least free the money up should Gianni make a proper bid for someone.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by stainrodisalegend; 04-09-2009, 11:17 AM.

Anyone from Soccer Base and Buzzacky
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Ok I know there is 5, so I would guess:

1)Agyemang, does not have what it takes sadly.
      2)Alberti, Great potential but needs match experience.
      3)Mahon, too slow now and we have watson.
      4)Oastler, needs experience in a lower league.
      5)Vine, I would like to keep him but I know he was available as loan.

Comment

Thanks Olly, do you know its going to be five? I hadn't heard that. Your list makes sense except I thought Vine had refused? Must admit I didn't realise players cd turn down loan moves but it wd appear they can.

Comment

Intrested to note Stainrod... you've not mentioned Cookie, was it an oversight?

Comment

Didn't include him simply because he is crocked so not sure anyone wd want him yet - but when he gets back to playing again don't see any reason not to loan him out short term until he is on form enough to challenge Tarabt or Faulin for a slot on the left.

Comment

Working...
            X