Referees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referees

Last season i was shocked at the decisions that were made at ours, in paticular phil dowd and kevin friend they seem scared to give anything against the teams we are playing, if it is even slightly debatable. At points i found myself wondering if they are always being honest and fair.

I don't think they are.

Comment

Dont be silly mate... the entire crowd decided that Zamara shouldnt have been red carded, he was correctly red carded.. just becuase everyone in the ground moans about a decison doesnt mean that its wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
        Dont be silly mate... the entire crowd decided that Zamara shouldnt have been red carded, he was correctly red carded.. just becuase everyone in the ground moans about a decison doesnt mean that its wrong.
        It's the inconsistency that gets to me, so zamoras red was a red but about a same week later the same twunt that made a meal of zamoras challenge nearly takes someone's face off. It seemed every time I watched highlights Wigan they were getting away with murder. The one thing I won't miss about the pl is all of those sides with a air of entitlement and the refs that give into their every whim. Shoddy linesmen that don't see blatant hand balls as its murky even though people in row z saw it or giving offsides that aren't because world class defenders from top sides appeal for them

Comment

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
          I realise that its easy to get led on in a mob but that fat twerp dowd was farcical watching him running up and down the pitch, he could not keep up with play and seemed to revel in big decisions and grinned on several occasions when booking and making contentious decisions. The bloke would never have refereed anything other than sunday league 20 years ago

Comment

Murky, duboius, spurious, downright suspicious roll on the big expose on brown envelopes and brasses

Comment

No ref ever got fired for giving a penalty to Man Utd. and they all know it. I don't think it is intentional but there is no doubt that the big teams get most of the big decisions. It is scandalous but everybody knows it and what can you do?

Edit: That said, we didn't go down because of the refs!
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Regardless of referees decisions, we deserved to go down!
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

i think refs are too often being given protection by calling it "human error" and "the technology's there we're just not allowed to use it".

football, during the "gentlman" era might well have been able to be run by a ref, who might make a mistake, but people would move on. but that was not when football proved so lucrative. a wrong decision, in any league, nowadays has massive implications.

take a yellow card suspension...a top player is given a 5th yellow card, the game before that team's massive 6-pointer derby against their rivals. the yellow was in fact a dive. under current regulations that cannot be reviewed. so the player is suspended next game, his team lose, and the rivals go 6 pts clear. "human error" / "the game was moving too fast" / "the ref was blinded by the CB tracknig back on that tackle" would be all the excuses made for the fact that this bloke dived and got the other one a yellow. but why is NOTHING being done about actually helping the refs?

i want replays, all angles, on offside decisions - play goes on until review time (i know people would say "what if was called on side but was, strikers misses and the other team go up and score the other end?"....it's called advantage and goal stands...rugby use it very well) I want players "on report" for dangerous tackles, i want players cited for off the ball incidents. i want refs giving press conferences to explain why they made a certain decision. if it really is "i didn't see" well that's fair enough but they're not untouchable.

on the other side of the coin i want all players who talk to the ref but are not captains to be booked - and i want that as much as video replays.

Comment

Working...
                  X