Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This business RE OUR HOOPER bids & GP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This business RE OUR HOOPER bids & GP...

There has been a lot of talk on this board since the comment for the Chairman (or whoever) of Scunthorpe with supporters again questioning Gianni's position, calling him a liar and some of our supporters (who in my book are fickle fans) calling for his head? Pete's too regarding this has also come under a lot of fire (AGAIN) with people again calling him GP puppet. What I wonder though is if a thread was originally started by WALKONBY saying 'we are in for HOOPER' and then another thread stating 'Our first bid was rejected and now we've upped it for HOOPER' then how would supporters feel? Would there be less reason to believe their Chairman's comments and also would there be soooooo many daggers out again for Gianni?

I hope all that made sense and I'm being serious and would like a serious debate?

What has it got to do with whoever started a thread. Paladini was quoted on the BBC stating QPR failed in a last minute bid to sign hooper and the Scunthorpe chairman said no bid was made as Paladini was told after the game he was not for sale.

What has it to do with Pete or Walkonby ?

Also, if I am fickle because I called Paladini a liar, what does that make someone who just rolls over and accepts any shoddy thing done by a director of the football club ?

Comment

I think the issue is more a loss of trust from some supporters as a result of less than scrupulous dealings in the past. A lot of people don't seem to trust Gianni. I don't know him, have no idea what he is like and I am not gonna slate anyone personally I don't know.

I think there has been a lot of spin fed to the fans, especially at the time of the takeover with talk of champions league etc, and from this expectations have been too high. And from that comes frustration and a lack of trust. Also the way Holloway was dealt with, and the gun incident being thrown out in court and then never really spoken about again, people start to wonder after a while. And the Sousa sacking... QPR has become a soap opera.

If the owners etc want more trust, then I suggest they stop over-promising and under-delivering. Be honest and open as much as is wise in a business sense, and gradually repair the lost trust from a lot of fans. I think fans WANT to trust them, but it is hard sometimes.

Comment

what i know is rangers did enquire about hooper,scunthorpe not interested.not every club wants to sell there best player.

Comment

Paladini was quoted on the BBC stating QPR failed in a last minute bid to sign hooper and the Scunthorpe chairman said no bid was made as Paladini was told after the game he was not for sale.

What I am getting at is if WALKONBY was the one who come on here confirming we did make these bids and not PETE - then would supporters believe we did actually make a bid for him. My question then is would supporters actually believe that we did make a bid for HOOPER. My view is supporters are only calling GP a liar based on two reasons a) it come from Pete/Scott and b) their Chairmans little bit extra has swayed it. I strongly feel if this information was supported by WALKONBY then supporters probably would ignore what has come from their chairman and actually believe we did make an attempt to sign HOOPER.

I just wanted to get peoples views? I have mine and have based my judgement after having various conversations with people and I actually believe we did make attempts to sign HOOPER. Don't know the full in's and out's of the situation BUT I have no reason to believe what I was told is not true and that we did make an attempt or have a discussion about the possibility of signing him after the game against Scunthorpe.
          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 03-09-2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
            what i know is rangers did enquire about hooper,scunthorpe not interested.not every club wants to sell there best player.
            HA HA - Speak of the devil. Thanks for that!

Comment

If the debate is purely about Hooper, my understanding is this:

QPR enquired about Hooper, the Scunthorpe chairman said he was not for sale at any price, therefore QPR left it at that.

It seems to me that Paladini was misquoted, when it was reported that we had a bid fail, I think what they meant to say was our enquiry into Hooper was unsuccessful.

I do not think its anything to do with lies, just the fact that we did enquiry and nothing come of it, who knows, maybe we did make an offer and they refused it?

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
                WALKONBY - There is no disputing that Paladini asked about Hooper, he did so after the game on Saturday, but this does not constitute a failed last minute bid. If Paladini had said they enquired about Hooper, there would not be this massive question of credibility, but on the basis he knew the fans wanted a striker, he made it sound more than it was to deflect any criticism that may or may not come his way.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                  If the debate is purely about Hooper, my understanding is this:

QPR enquired about Hooper, the Scunthorpe chairman said he was not for sale at any price, therefore QPR left it at that.

It seems to me that Paladini was misquoted, when it was reported that we had a bid fail, I think what they meant to say was our enquiry into Hooper was unsuccessful.

I do not think its anything to do with lies, just the fact that we did enquiry and nothing come of it, who knows, maybe we did make an offer and they refused it?
                  With reference to my quote above regarding fickle fans... I was referencing the ones who immediately come out and posted things like GIANNI OUT. Yeah lets get rid of the guy who brought in our new board, the same guy who has attracted players from Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid etc... Not all signings work out and every club has a history of that but everyone Gianni has brought in is a dam sight better than the likes of Rainman, Cullip, Nardiello, Nyygard etc... and if it costs me £180 more a season to see the difference we have on the field now compared to the likes of those names above then I'm a happy chap!

Comment

According to papers ,web site,etc anton ferdinand was going to spurs,steve taylor to arsenal.none of them happened.so if the b.b.c say this that untill happens who knows.doesn,t make someone a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                      WALKONBY - There is no disputing that Paladini asked about Hooper, he did so after the game on Saturday, but this does not constitute a failed last minute bid. If Paladini had said they enquired about Hooper, there would not be this massive question of credibility, but on the basis he knew the fans wanted a striker, he made it sound more than it was to deflect any criticism that may or may not come his way.
                      HANG ON A MINUTE... We had people calling for GP's head yesterday because of what their Chairman said. GP come under fire yet again for what... Some press associate from the BBC who misquoted something he said! As per the reason why I started this thread, now WALKONBY has passed comment peoples views have yet again changed! Back to my quote - FICKLE FANS!

Comment

Walkonby - This is what the BBC reported: Paladini said: "We made a bid for Hooper but it was rejected. We were told that he is not for sale."

Please show me any paper clipping or web site that states Redknapp said: "We made a bid for Ferdinand but it was rejected. We were told that he is not for sale."

As I said, if it had said Paladini said: "We enquired about Hooper but were told that he is not for sale.", he would have jot massive respect......... but it didnt.

Comment

The " " means Paladini said it or if he did not, he can sue them for Libel.

Comment

When the loan window opens people will ask who are we after.
                            I try not to put up names because people seem to enjoy coating people off it there wrong.in future i think its best not to say nothing.
                            But what i will say if you rely on newspaper or the b.b.c.it will only be agents trying to get the best deal for there player.thats it i,ve got work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                              Walkonby - This is what the BBC reported: Paladini said: "We made a bid for Hooper but it was rejected. We were told that he is not for sale."

Please show me any paper clipping or web site that states Redknapp said: "We made a bid for Ferdinand but it was rejected. We were told that he is not for sale."

As I said, if it had said Paladini said: "We enquired about Hooper but were told that he is not for sale.", he would have jot massive respect......... but it didnt.
                              In fairness, GP's quotes can have easilly been mis-interprated. It happens all the time in the press. If GP asks if they'd sell and the answer is no, I agree...this does NOT constitute as a bid, however there is no proof that GP said this to the BBC. For all we know, he can have easilly just said 'we asked the about Hooper' which can just as easilly be made into 'we made a bid for Hooper'

The trouble is...there are plenty who will automatically see the worst in GP, no matter what he says or does. Even him securing the Ben Watson deal is seen as a negative by some as they feel only JM should do the negotiating. Has it ever occured that JM wanted him and that GP had already tried this route so therefore was in a better position to negotiate this deal?
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X