Folan deal back on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folan deal back on?

Just seen that Hull have signed ex Celtic forward, Vennegoor of Hesselink. Our move for Folan in the transfer window was thwarted because Benjani didn't sign for them. Now that they have a new striker in could our interest in Folan be rekindled??
    http://twitter.com/#!/DBehar3

Folan is CR@P
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

TBH wd rather have Hooper - certainly wouldn't sniff if we got him but seems to me he wd just be yet another striker on our books who doesn't score enough goals.

Comment

This wasn't an article saying that I'd actually like us to get Folan because I don't. I think he's no better than what we already have and if it stops us from getting Hooper then it's a bad deal. Although I wouldn't mind getting him on loan until we get can Hooper in Jan
        http://twitter.com/#!/DBehar3

Comment

I can see your point dan, but I think Helguson is better than him
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I have a feeling that the one good thing about Paladini being caught with his pants down about Hooper, is that he will try so hard to get him on loan now and I can see him coming here with Alberti, Mahon and maybe Balanta going the other way.

Comment

Why would Scunthorpe loan out Hooper?
              They might as well relegate themselves if they did that.

Selling him in january is different, but that would be risky too. They're hardly going to turn down an offer to sell him... and then loan him out after the window shuts.

Folan?? Hmmmm.
              If the reason for them not letting him come to us was them having no replacement.... they have now with John Vinegar of Hasslebaink, so you would assume that he's on his way??
              If what we were led to believe was true.
              He's better than Agyemang, I'll give him that. Beats up defenders and he's quicker and younger, with a better touch.
              His goal record? Not good, but he's a battering ram, rather than a poacher.
              Last edited by Robbo; 03-09-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I must be the only person on this board (other than pete) that thinks the signing of Folan would be a good thing. Yes i would rather have Hooper but that didnt happen and nothing can happen on that front till Jan at the earliest. Folan is fitter, stronger and faster than HH so to say HH is a better option is silly. HH is an option yes but i wouldnt say he was a better one.

Comment

I,m logging on the b.b.c website to see the latest.lol

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
                    I,m logging on the b.b.c website to see the latest.lol
                    See if there's anything about Gareth Bale while you're at it.
                    Ta.

Comment

Why has Walk got the hump?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Why has Walk got the hump?
                        Maybe he lost a wicket?... to use "Clunge Speak".

Comment

Folan wow sounds a talent hope he gets the 10 shirt
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Aint got the hump.
                            Its just that rangers tried for beckford-leeds not interested,tried for hooper -scunthorpe not interested,managed to get watson and simpson with a number of clubs trying to scupper the deals,and people still to moan .

Comment

Agree folk do moan too much, though you must admit the squad is unbalanced - brilliant and massive midfield, mainly fantastic defence, top goalkeeper, v average strike force.

Must admit amazed the report today that Watson is likely to stay permanently hasn't created more excitement - IF true, think thats the best news since Buz signed.

Comment

Working...
                              X