Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Exactly this!
    Adel is put down when in reality he was our star man.
    It's much easier doing a derry job or a clint hill but being creative and scoring goals when being kicked up in the air is a much harder feat.
    People mention Mackie but he just had a purple patch, which any player can have, WR was a massive improvement and with WR and Adel linking up I thought the 2 of them were unplayable. I'd say those 2 and Walker were clearly too good for that division.
    I'm not denying that Adel was our star man last time we were in the Championship but I will make the following points:

1.) He hasn't recaptured anything like that form since then, and I don't think you can put it totally down to the step up in quality. I believe a lot of it is down to whether Adel's head is right or not.
    2.) He hasn't looked match fit for most of the last 2 seasons.
    3.) His application in training has been called into question more than once.
    4.) He doesn't want to be here anymore (if he has ever genuinely wanted to be here).
    5.) Our dressing room is full of the wrong characters and we need to re-dress the balance.

I genuinely am grateful to have witnessed some of Adel's performances in our promotion season but my rose tinted glasses have been off for a while now. It's time to see what we can get for him and cut him loose!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 28-05-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      I'm not denying that Adel was our star man last time we were in the Championship but I will make the following points:

1.) He hasn't recaptured anything like that form since then, and I don't think you can put it totally down to the step up in Quality. I believe a lot of it is down to whether Adel's head is right or not.
      2.) He hasn't looked match fit for most of the last 2 seasons.
      3.) His application in training has been called into question more than once.
      4.) He doesn't want to be here anymore (if he has ever genuinely wanted to be here).
      5.) Our dressing room is full of the wrong characters and we need to re-dress the balance.

I genuinely am grateful to have witnessed some of Adel's performances in our promotion season but my rose tinted glasses have been off for a while now. It's time to see what we can get for him and cut him loose!
      All very fair points but I would say this to you, has harry played to any of adel's strengths?

The only reason I would sell Adel is if we keep harry which clearly looks likely to be the case. Harry and Adel are a disgusting ingredient and 1 needs to go, I just wish that 1 was Harry personally!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        All very fair points but I would say this to you, has harry played to any of adel's strengths?

The only reason I would sell Adel is if we keep harry which clearly looks likely to be the case. Harry and Adel are a disgusting ingredient and 1 needs to go, I just wish that 1 was Harry personally!
        Maybe not but you could argue that the only manager that has played to his strengths is Warnock who built the team around him and massaged his ego. Not a tactic that would have ever worked in the Premiership or something you should be doing for a player who can't even be bothered to get match fit for the start of the season!

Comment

Just because SAF is willing to pay a fortune does not prove anything. Only time will tell if he turns out to be worth it.

As for Adel - not really sure why the thread has just gone into a thread slagging him off. I can't name a single outfield player that we currently own that has played well in the Premier League - but Adel is always the softest target.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            Just because SAF is willing to pay a fortune does not prove anything. Only time will tell if he turns out to be worth it.

As for Adel - not really sure why the thread has just gone into a thread slagging him off. I can't name a single outfield player that we currently own that has played well in the Premier League - but Adel is always the softest target.
            Some people have a weird vendetta against him mate, should know that by now.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Not slagging him off as such, the OP was making the point that if Zaha is worth 15m then Adel should be worth similar.

Personally, the reason I am so critical of Adel is because he is such a wasted talent. He could go to the very highest level if he sorted his attitude out but instead he's being linked with clubs in the UAE and Russia in his early 20's!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 28-05-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                Adel is nowhere near the player Zaha is hence Man Utd not bashing down our door to sign him. Adel has no pace, cant shoot, cant head, cant tackle, cant pass with anything other than the outside of his boot, cant track back, cant beat many prem players but has immense ball skills and likes nutmegs. Also has proved after 2 seasons that he cant cut it in the prem.
                There is nothing more to add to that its the perfect summary of Adel

Comment

Originally posted by iamayaak View Post
                  I personslly do believe Adel can make it at the top. He has an incredible amount of potential, more than Zaha, more than S Sinclair, He could be a world class player with the potential he has.
                  The problem is his attitude, his work rate, his determination, his consistancy, his pace, his teamwork, his concentration, his agent & himself. He is his own worst enemy, he could still reach the top but he needs to zip it and learn and listen asap to still have that chance. Alex Ferguson would have been perfect for him, he couldv'e blossomed there.
                  This is the problem he is 24 now he should not have potential at that age he should be delivering like Giggs did, like Fowler did, like Owen did, like Anelka did; hes too old to have potential now he should be at the prime of his powers.

He is not a world class player and never will be this world class player ability was based on him taking the p iss in the 2nd tier of English football, Not the Prem, not a WC not even the ACON, but the Championship. He has had two years to adjust to the prem and show that the championship season was not a one off, I am afraid all he has demonstrated to me is that it was a one off and I have no doubts had we managed to stay up and Adel stayed another season we would see another season from him like the two which have preceded, which is a lot of promise but when analysed very little action

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Some people have a weird vendetta against him mate, should know that by now.
                    Its not that he is a soft target but he is the one player that could/should have influenced our seasons (possibly unfair expectations on the lad) but if your honest you cannot deny that he has flattered to deceive for two seasons. You know what you will get from Hill and Derry week in week out and they don't let you down but how many games this season can you say that Adel has walked off the pitch and you can say he gave his all he could not have done anymore?? I would say two games Fulham home and Chelsea away.

And that's where the frustration lies for me his heart, bottle, commitment, head call it what you want is not in it its clear as day and that is unforgivable and many think because he had a good season three seasons ago its ok and it should be accepted as we owe him something well we don't owe him anything he owes us for saving him from stagnating in Spurs Reserves, he owes us for asking to come off at Hull because their crowd were on his back, he owes us for throwing a strop at Fulham away I could go on and on.

If Adel produced and put in the effort he did against Chelsea away this season you would have no complaints from me and I would be the first one on here defending him if his tricks never came off as on that night he grafted, he battled, he led the line alone, he took knock after knock at the Bridge but on that night Adel WAS A MAN how often can you say that of him if your honest????

In the words of Monty Python 'hes not the saviour, hes a very naughty boy'

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Its not that he is a soft target but he is the one player that could/should have influenced our seasons (possibly unfair expectations on the lad) but if your honest you cannot deny that he has flattered to deceive for two seasons. You know what you will get from Hill and Derry week in week out and they don't let you down but how many games this season can you say that Adel has walked off the pitch and you can say he gave his all he could not have done anymore?? I would say two games Fulham home and Chelsea away.

And that's where the frustration lies for me his heart, bottle, commitment, head call it what you want is not in it its clear as day and that is unforgivable and many think because he had a good season three seasons ago its ok and it should be accepted as we owe him something well we don't owe him anything he owes us for saving him from stagnating in Spurs Reserves, he owes us for asking to come off at Hull because their crowd were on his back, he owes us for throwing a strop at Fulham away I could go on and on.

If Adel produced and put in the effort he did against Chelsea away this season you would have no complaints from me and I would be the first one on here defending him if his tricks never came off as on that night he grafted, he battled, he led the line alone, he took knock after knock at the Bridge but on that night Adel WAS A MAN how often can you say that of him if your honest????

Nail on head!

Comment

I don't think anybody's is arguing that he has set the world alight at all mate. My comment was purely that there's some weird obsession on here to keep going on n on n on about Adel and making the same old comments about him time after time. All gets abit boring tbh.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I don't think anybody's is arguing that he has set the world alight at all mate. My comment was purely that there's some weird obsession on here to keep going on n on n on about Adel and making the same old comments about him time after time. All gets abit boring tbh.
                          But this is the reason we keep having the same old argument.........people that go on like Adel is going to be a world beater. I'm sure every negative comment about Adel that you find so boring is a response to somebody who seems to think he is worth 20 million quid or he's going to score 20 goals next season!

Comment

Its not that he is a soft target but he is the one player that could/should have influenced our seasons (possibly unfair expectations on the lad) but if your honest you cannot deny that he has flattered to deceive for two seasons. You know what you will get from Hill and Derry week in week out and they don't let you down
                            we have very different opinions and I doubt we will see eye to eye on this if you believe Hill and Derry are actually any good. Average championship players and one of the main reasons we have been relegated is that we have too many players that are no where near good enough for the Prem. Some fans love a grafter - even if they are awful.

Give me Adel over those 2 any day.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Hear and with you mate apologies for the misunderstanding

Comment

we have very different opinions and I doubt we will see eye to eye on this if you believe Hill and Derry are actually any good. Average championship players and one of the main reasons we have been relegated is that we have too many players that are no where near good enough for the Prem. Some fans love a grafter - even if they are awful.

Give me Adel over those 2 any day.
                                Talent is worthless if a player hasn't got the attitude and work ethic to back it up.

The fact is to live in the Premiership, in the long run none of Taarabt, Derry or Hill are good enough. I'd still have grafters over players with attitudes like Taarabt's any day of the week!

Comment

Working...
                                X