No announcement yet.

If the going rate is 15m for Zaha..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about the comments of those that knock Adel, at Zahas age, Adel was almost single handedly carrying the fight to the opponents in the championship and was the pivotal reason we got up.
    Zaha never had to carry CP, his development has been much more measured.
    Adel did all the hard work and then as soon as we were up that fool MH took over and mercenaries were all in favour on £60k p/w.
    Zaha never under the same pressure. He'll go to man utd, complement their team as he's not a type of player that man utd need to change their system for. Gradually put him in, few cup games, maybe a loan spell to Blackburn, if he flops no real hit to man utd as they will sell him to Sunderland for £10m in three yrs.

Comment

Forget Zaha I would lump every penny we might get for Adel on Townsend better bet than both imo can't see it tho
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-05-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
        Not sure about the comments of those that knock Adel, at Zahas age, Adel was almost single handedly carrying the fight to the opponents in the championship and was the pivotal reason we got up.
        Zaha never had to carry CP, his development has been much more measured.
        Adel did all the hard work and then as soon as we were up that fool MH took over and mercenaries were all in favour on £60k p/w.
        Zaha never under the same pressure. He'll go to man utd, complement their team as he's not a type of player that man utd need to change their system for. Gradually put him in, few cup games, maybe a loan spell to Blackburn, if he flops no real hit to man utd as they will sell him to Sunderland for £10m in three yrs.
        Come on this single handed is tosh he played a big part of course but we still have to thank Foulin Walker Derry Hill who all played a major role in promotion ina side that played around Adel

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
          Come on this single handed is tosh he played a big part of course but we still have to thank Foulin Walker Derry Hill who all played a major role in promotion ina side that played around Adel
          Bang on.......Adel Taarabt winning the Championship single handedly only happened in Adel's head!

Paddy Kenny, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Alejandro Faurlin, Jamie Mackie, Heidar Helguson, Wayne Routledge, Kyle Walker and probably a few others who I've neglected to mention all played a big part too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Bang on.......Adel Taarabt winning the Championship single handedly only happened in Adel's head!

Paddy Kenny, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Alejandro Faurlin, Jamie Mackie, Heidar Helguson, Wayne Routledge, Kyle Walker and probably a few others who I've neglected to mention all played a big part too!

Kyle Walker was our best player that season while he was there...dont get me wrong Adel is a good Championship player but he will never make it as a prem player as he has proved.

Comment

Originally posted by iamayaak View Post
              If we flog Adel surely it can't be far from that valuation? Not saying he is mind, but 15m for a player like Zaha is ridiculous. Adel is as good/if not better than Zaha, who is over-rated for his current ability & widely overpriced at that figure. Remy was 6-8m for god sake, a highly proven French international striker.

****** football....
              Unfortunately football doesn't work like that, they are not houses!

Players are only worth what someone is willing to pay, I can't see adel being valued more than £6m, although I agree with you he should had been £10m.

Comment

Adel had a great Championship season but last two seasons I've never seen anyone as poor at shooting and set pieces. Pub league standard for most part.

I have great memories of our Championship winning season and part Adel played. He's even had some moments in Premiership which have been great, a step over at Chelsea had me in stitches. However I also remember we laboured in an awful number of games as playing Adel at times was like playing with 10 men and others had to work incredibly hard and dig in while we waited for Adel's flashes of quality. We had some great pros as mentioned above and I'd add Tommy Smith and Jamie Mackie to those mentioned.

Difficulty Adel has is that he is not so good big sides will change their system to accommodate him and a lot of smaller Premiership clubs will see in him a luxury they can't afford. In my view for instance we played a lot better and cohesively without him this season. I think he needs to go abroad to where the game is played at a slower pace, sort his head out and get fitter. At the moment he simply isn't good enough to be more than a bit part player at Premiership level which is a shame given his natural talent but there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

Kyle Walker was our best player that season while he was there...dont get me wrong Adel is a good Championship player but he will never make it as a prem player as he has proved.

I personslly do believe Adel can make it at the top. He has an incredible amount of potential, more than Zaha, more than S Sinclair, He could be a world class player with the potential he has.
                  The problem is his attitude, his work rate, his determination, his consistancy, his pace, his teamwork, his concentration, his agent & himself. He is his own worst enemy, he could still reach the top but he needs to zip it and learn and listen asap to still have that chance. Alex Ferguson would have been perfect for him, he couldv'e blossomed there.

Comment

He reminds me a bit of Di Canio, a flawed genius.

Comment

Originally posted by iamayaak View Post
                      He reminds me a bit of Di Canio, a flawed genius.
                      The difference is that Di Canio has never been shy of hard work......Adel is lazy!

Comment

Adel had his chance to show what he can do at the top level....and he blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          Adel had his chance to show what he can do at the top level....and he blew it.

Comment

We will lose 25% from the fee anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Mate nobody obviously believes he done it single handedly but he was hands down our most important player that year; scoring 19 and setting up 23 league goals speaks for itself. The blend of the grafters ie Derry, Hill etc with Adel to win us the games with his goals was the recipe for success - and exactly what we need to replicate next year.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Mate nobody obviously believes he done it single handedly but he was hands down our most important player that year; scoring 19 and setting up 23 league goals speaks for itself. The blend of the grafters ie Derry, Hill etc with Adel to win us the games with his goals was the recipe for success - and exactly what we need to replicate next year.
                                Exactly this!
                                Adel is put down when in reality he was our star man.
                                It's much easier doing a derry job or a clint hill but being creative and scoring goals when being kicked up in the air is a much harder feat.
                                People mention Mackie but he just had a purple patch, which any player can have, WR was a massive improvement and with WR and Adel linking up I thought the 2 of them were unplayable. I'd say those 2 and Walker were clearly too good for that division.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X