Serious question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question

would i be right in saying that unless we get promoted (which has to be less than a good chance with newcaslte/west brom and boro all having better teams than us) and we remain in this league...i presume watson, taarabt and simpson all go back to their original clubs...meaning that our only squad 'improvements' this year would be faurling and pellicori.

surely this transfer policy is extremely short-sighted and fallible?

would appreciate any itks explaining to me that regardless of this season's outcome we have a realistic chance of signing these players permanently?

Why are Newcastle and middlesboro better than us?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Very good post and you have explained most of my own concerns.
      I don't think you will like the answer because reality would be that those players all use us as a stepping stone to greater success.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

what do you expect?

we get crowds of jack diddly

the owners are putting in 10 fold what they get from the fanbase.

Our only choice is to wheel and deal and try to get it decent players based on potential of us and them
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Pete they score goals.
          Newcastle IMHO have looked the best team.
          Watching them and west brom was high quality and much more entertaining when watching the highlight on bbc than other teams

Comment

Newcastle are a lot better than us imo pete. Haven't seen boro yet.

Still think we will be there or there abouts come may.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Newcastle also have a 45,000 seater stadium, we cannot get more than 15,000 past the door.

They are in a false position in the league and won't be top come January.

As for Boro, I like the manager, but he has lost a couple of decent players in last few days.

Weareqpr12, do we agree that we should not have sold out top striker in Blackstock? (only 13 away now)
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I don't think newcastle have a better team, but they play far better as a team than us, thats the difference...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                  we get crowds of jack diddly
                  So they should charge a sensible amount for tickets then.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                    I don't think newcastle have a better team, but they play far better as a team than us, thats the difference...
                    spot on mate........

Comment

"the owners are putting in 10 fold what they get from the fanbase."

Are you sure about that Scott, how much have we the fans put in through gate receipts and how much have the owner put in, I think you will find its nowhere near 10/1

Pete how can you say Newcastle are in a false position, they are in exactly the right position they should be in given the results they have acheived?
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

As you have highlighted we struggle to get 15k.
                        So selling a 'DISINTERESTED' Blackstock for 1.5m made good business sense.
                        He would have walked for free come the end of the season.
                        Was it a good move? Well the fact we have Aygemang and Pellicori at this football club makes some of my early comments look rather silly. However I believe we have a better striker in Simpson who clearly has much more potential and ability than Blackstock. I also think he will score goals for us. Having a poor strike force does not make Dexter a good striker but we had to sell him. It was a good move for him and a good move for us. If you gave me a choice between simpson and Blackstock then Simpson would be my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                          "the owners are putting in 10 fold what they get from the fanbase."

Are you sure about that Scott, how much have we the fans put in through gate receipts and how much have the owner put in, I think you will find its nowhere near 10/1

Pete how can you say Newcastle are in a false position, they are in exactly the right position they should be in given the results they have acheived?
                          Peter

you disappoint me

guess the gate crowds and well, we both know theres no bloody way our income is a fraction of our expenditure
                          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                            really??? so players like barton, nolan, ryan taylor just to name a couple arnt better than our players?

Comment

Don't forget that we have made good money from decent sponsors. Fair play to Flav he has done well to make us a decent brand.

Comment

Working...
                              X