Why I'm happy about our relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm happy about our relegation

OK so it's a pretty maudlin time right now, but it's been a while coming and hardly a surprise, so why not take the glass half full approach?

The past two seasons have been poor. Hammerings against dross like Bolton, Foolham...with only a few high points like last season's comeback against Liverpool, doing the Poznan when we were 2-1 up against city...the wins this term against Sunderland and Soton. And taking good points off the scum, and beating 'em, which we have been signing about ever since.

But hey. Hughes left a cloud over us which never really cleared, and now we are being washed down the drainpipe of relegation into the Championship as that downpour comes to fruition.

However I am feeling positive. The hope is over. That was killing me. Now we don't have to try and kid ourselves for the remaining games this season. Whatever happens with tomorrow's game doesn't matter now. A break from the false hope. Our summer break starts early. Heaven knows, we deserve a break from what's been happening with our club's fortunes!

We also have winnable games ahead of us. After chalking up an unenviable Premiership record this season, we won't go through 16+ games starting next season without chalking up some wins - even if we keep most of the current first-team mercenaries (which is doubtful).

Next season we will be the team that everyone wants to beat. This season, we were the team that everyone -did- beat. Now there's a difference!

The training ground/stadium developments will, regardless of division, be fundamental in the next 10 years on of our club's future. Provided stupid loads aren't wazzed on making it all happen, these are truly positive things for us to look forward to. They are the building blocks of what will happen when the first team goes out onto the pitch on a saturday afternoon (or monday evening...or wednesday at some stupid time...or friday night...oh hello championship fixture list!).

By this time next year no matter where we are, our team will be better. It will gel - because right now we are hitting rock-bottom, but there will be a bounceback (caveat - let's hope it doesn't take 16 years!).

I'm still proud to be an R. Third relegation in my lifetime, may not be the last, but hey. We come back eventually. We are QPR!

Now go and have a drink. After today's relegation in front of the cameras, Monday morning beckons. For me, bring on next season. After all we've been through...I can't wait!
    come on you r's!

going down, you're going down, proud to be an R?, you're happy about going down, what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Championship View Post
      going down, you're going down, proud to be an R?, you're happy about going down, what a joke
      Proud to be an R no matter what league we are in. Thats what supporting a football team is about.

Proud to be a cottager?

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
        Proud to be an R no matter what league we are in. Thats what supporting a football team is about.

Proud to be a cottager?
        He's pleased your going down how embarassing

Comment

my missus likes me going down...............that'd be boyfriend in your case chumpionship.....wanna own up who you support or are you embarrassed by your team?

Comment

Originally posted by Championship View Post
            Bet you're going down on your sister, you dirty little hound, eh, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post

Proud to be a cottager?
              He's proud to go Cottaging, I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                He's proud to go Cottaging, I bet.
                he prob likes justin his bf to stick his michael jackson plastic toy up his rsssssss!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  he prob likes justin his bf to stick his michael jackson plastic toy up his rsssssss!!!!!!!!
                  Not a pleasent thought, Dave.....But, probably true all the same, mate.

Comment

Just ignore the ****, if nobody bites he will weadle off back to his hole.

Comment

i just glad not to have to go to the clottage watching those gimps clacking those pathetic attempts to create an atmosphere n fat muppets like the mason boys crying over their dead mate in a gillingham back alley!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I am not happy about being relegated but agree with the OP it is a relief after so many poor matches and that bit of false hope lingering! I had a good chat with a bunch of fans from other EPL clubs at our pre match booze up before the Toronto FC match yesterday and very few of them have ever experienced relegation with their clubs! There was one Hammer in the group so he knows what it's all about, I don't know if they were just trying to console me or just loved the points they will take from us but most seemed genuine in saying they will miss our little club in the EPL!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                          Not a pleasent thought, Dave.....But, probably true all the same, mate.
                          Sorry for putting that image into minds of fellow Rs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                            I am not happy about being relegated but agree with the OP it is a relief after so many poor matches and that bit of false hope lingering! I had a good chat with a bunch of fans from other EPL clubs at our pre match booze up before the Toronto FC match yesterday and very few of them have ever experienced relegation with their clubs! There was one Hammer in the group so he knows what it's all about, I don't know if they were just trying to console me or just loved the points they will take from us but most seemed genuine in saying they will miss our little club in the EPL!
                            Hey Carl, looks like Nelsen is turning out to be a bust with TFC. 7 pts and only 1 win in 8 matches - and another loss yesterday. Hardly surprising for a rookie though. I was hoping TFC would finally have a good season but it's not looking that way now! I guess that's what happens when the owners aren't willing to cut into their massive profits to hire an experienced manager! I hope that one day TFC will be taken over by somebody, anybody, other than MLSE (Many Losing Sports Enterprises). Their track record for success is appalling - mainly because all they seem to be interested in is profit.

I've watched a few TFC games and have not been particularly impressed with Hogan Ephraim - he seems to be doing a lot of defensive work but I've always thought his strength was in running at people. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be doing much of that. Also still seems a bit scared at times. I hope things improve soon - for Hogan and TFC!
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                              Hey Carl, looks like Nelsen is turning out to be a bust with TFC. 7 pts and only 1 win in 8 matches - and another loss yesterday. Hardly surprising for a rookie though. I was hoping TFC would finally have a good season but it's not looking that way now! I guess that's what happens when the owners aren't willing to cut into their massive profits to hire an experienced manager! I hope that one day TFC will be taken over by somebody, anybody, other than MLSE (Many Losing Sports Enterprises). Their track record for success is appalling - mainly because all they seem to be interested in is profit.

I've watched a few TFC games and have not been particularly impressed with Hogan Ephraim - he seems to be doing a lot of defensive work but I've always thought his strength was in running at people. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be doing much of that. Also still seems a bit scared at times. I hope things improve soon - for Hogan and TFC!
                              I wouldn't say Nelsen has been a bust just yet, he took over a team which had no wins in its first few months of the season last year, sound familiar? The team is much more solid this season and if they can find a way to stop leaking late goals they will climb the standings! Hogan went off injured at the half yesterday, he's been OK, the physical nature of this league takes some adapting to! Back to the OP, watching TFC win or lose is relaxing to me after the emotional roller coaster QPR have put us all through the last two seasons! Now that we know our fate it's time to think about next year's squad and get ready to play matches we might actually win!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X