Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR take out £15M (or was it 150 million) loan for a new stadium despite relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    Tonys tweet...
    "Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 2h Of course it's not 15. Add a zero"
    The guy tweeted him saying 15m for a new stadium ? He replied saying no add a 0 so tony and co are paying around £135m whilst Barclays chipping in with 15m

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
      Weve still got to fill a new ground, when we are not a big club
      It will take time but why wait?

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
        The guy tweeted him saying 15m for a new stadium ? He replied saying no add a 0 so tony and co are paying around £135m whilst Barclays chipping in with 15m
        Or the loan is for £150million

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
          The interesting facts are journo's have got facts wrong yet again. Its £150m and I bet that will get some screaming on here. You don't get this kind of bank support without some greater detail based on I wanna build a stadium. So lets play the game of where is it going to be. I will start, its not going to be LR. Cop out I know but lets get the ball rolling.
          I reckon somewhere within the vicinity of Old Oak Common.

With it becoming a major hub for HS2 the place will be completely transformed......... and our stadium could be the center piece of it all......

Comment

Good article from DM here:

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
              good article...A state of the art stadium and leisure complex is the owners ultimate goal then and thats where they look to recoup their millions.

"It’s why Beard, a man with little football knowledge or understanding of QPR fans’ priorities, but with a background in branding and having helped establish the O2 Arena as a leading entertainment destination, was installed as chief executive."

Makes a whole lot of sense because a Football Club Chief Executive he is not. Get ready lads we are about to be majorly rebranded as were Cardiff and touted to the tourists like Fulham.

"It would also mean the end of QPR as we know it, which for some will equate to a Wimbledon-style killing of their club and for others will be necessary progress given Rangers’ limited growth potential while they remain at Loftus Road."
              Last edited by vblockranger; 17-04-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                Cheers Northolt, very intersting read that.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Loks lik I woz write!

Comment

"But the regime’s pockets are deep and their eyes are on the prize. So although a Pompey-style meltdown could happen, as things stand the club is more likely to end up spiritually rather than financially ruined."

Comment

• Quick off the cuff comment / question here off the back of that article; would people on here rather have:

1) Our "old Rangers"; plying our trade in the Championship with a small budget, struggling to attract attractive names to the club, 10-15k fans at most games without any real "ambition" or threat of moving up to the "Big time".
                      2) The club as we are. Alot of potential, big money being thrown around, with owners that appear to be here for the long haul, but with players that don't fight nor care at all for the club and ever rising ticket prices.

Neither of these are meant to be worded bia by the way (honest!), but just wondered what people would prefer - with a good arguement being able to be made for both options IMO. Be interesting to see what people would prefer.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                        Loks lik I woz write!
                        TW where are you mate?! We need you for the grammar correction of this post

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          good article...A state of the art stadium and leisure complex is the owners ultimate goal then and thats where they look to recoup their millions.

"It’s why Beard, a man with little football knowledge or understanding of QPR fans’ priorities, but with a background in branding and having helped establish the O2 Arena as a leading entertainment destination, was installed as chief executive."

Makes a whole lot of sense because a Football Club Chief Executive he is not. Get ready lads we are about to be majorly rebranded as were Cardiff and touted to the tourists like Fulham.

"It would also mean the end of QPR as we know it, which for some will equate to a Wimbledon-style killing of their club and for others will be necessary progress given Rangers’ limited growth potential while they remain at Loftus Road."

Anyway new ground for any club could be described as "end of QPR" as we know it.

Thats always going to happen with a new ground. Cant see the similarities with Wimbledon what so ever.

Yes we will attract new fans as a state of the art stadium will be appealing to more people. if we ever want success on the pitch then this is the way we have to go. We either go with it or be left behind.

I met Phil Beard after Villa away match and he didn't act like someone who didnt give a toss about what division we are in.
                          Last edited by jfish; 17-04-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Quick off the cuff comment / question here off the back of that article; would people on here rather have:

1) Our "old Rangers"; plying our trade in the Championship with a small budget, struggling to attract attractive names to the club, 10-15k fans at most games without any real "ambition" or threat of moving up to the "Big time".
                            2) The club as we are. Alot of potential, big money being thrown around, with owners that appear to be here for the long haul, but with players that don't fight nor care at all for the club and ever rising ticket prices.

Neither of these are meant to be worded bia by the way (honest!), but just wondered what people would prefer - with a good arguement being able to be made for both options IMO. Be interesting to see what people would prefer.
                            Well its option 1 for me Matty but we have no choice now as we are committed after the millions already spent.
                            The old rangers is in the past and the new rebranded plastic London Rangers is coming whether we like it or not and if we dont like it then the owners dont care as we will easily be replaced by new fans and tourists. This was their plan all along and the only reason they were ever interested in our little club. Dont give me any of that "Fernandes is a fan" or that "Fernandes loves the club" bullsh1t .. The entertainment multi use complex in London is all he ever cared about. Be prepared for the constant peppering of patronising PR tweets from him over the next few days and weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                              For once he is on the money. Excuse the pun, it was intended.
                              Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

• Option 2 done right. I've great confidence in TF. There's no alternative.

Comment

Working...
                                X