Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR take out £15M (or was it 150 million) loan for a new stadium despite relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Option 2 done right. I've great confidence in TF. There's no alternative.
    This
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Anyone be dismayed if the new stadium is a site in Park Royal? Suppose its still Westish London so could be worse

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        Anyone be dismayed if the new stadium is a site in Park Royal? Suppose its still Westish London..
        Wouldn't be upset about that tbh. Have you heard something mate?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Well its option 1 for me Matty but we have no choice now as we are committed after the millions already spent.
          The old rangers is in the past and the new rebranded plastic London Rangers is coming whether we like it or not and if we dont like it then the owners dont care as we will easily be replaced by new fans and tourists. This was their plan all along and the only reason they were ever interested in our little club. Dont give me any of that "Fernandes is a fan" or that "Fernandes loves the club" bullsh1t .. The entertainment multi use complex in London is all he ever cared about. Be prepared for the constant peppering of patronising PR tweets from him over the next few days and weeks.
          But on the back of it we can have some success, although I love rangers how we are but something has to change if we want success. Every knows Fernandes is not a fan like we are but if he wants to move us forward and get investors to plough money in then so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jfish View Post
            But on the back of it we can have some success, although I love rangers how we are but something has to change if we want success. Every knows Fernandes is not a fan like we are but if he wants to move us forward and get investors to plough money in then so be it.
            Fair enough but i hate change! :-) Its happening whatever we do so lets just hope we retain at least some of our identity in this rebrand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Wouldn't be upset about that tbh. Have you heard something mate?
              Just rumours...but tbh could be anywhere :-)

Comment

Fair enough but i hate change! :-) Its happening whatever we do so lets just hope we retain at least some of our identity in this rebrand.
                We are getting old badge back for starters..

Comment

Option 2 done right. I've great confidence in TF. There's no alternative.
                  Based on what? Certainly not on how he and his associates have steered the club out of the Premier League. So probably just based on his promises to make it all right. Like you've said, we have no alternative - meaning we are stuck in the situation we are in. Does not mean we have to trust them like we did a couple of years ago. Borrowing 150 million despite us getting relegated is hardly a sensible business approach, to me it is like adding insult to injury. My hamster could run the club more efficiently.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by jfish View Post
                    We are getting old badge back for starters..
                    thats alright then!

Comment

• QPR loan is 'for new stadium'

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes hopes to have some news on the west London club's search for a new ground in the coming weeks.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Based on what? Certainly not on how he and his associates have steered the club out of the Premier League. So probably just based on his promises to make it all right. Like you've said, we have no alternative - meaning we are stuck in the situation we are in. Does not mean we have to trust them like we did a couple of years ago. Borrowing 150 million despite us getting relegated is hardly a sensible business approach, to me it is like adding insult to injury. My hamster could run the club more efficiently.
                        Think you have a blind spot regarding TF. The loan must be £15M, not £150M. Its surely reported on the basis of financial documentation. A new stadium wd cost £150, which I assume the shareholders are funding. TFs only mistake was to have his pocket picked by Hughes, Rigg and Kia what's his name... He trusted the 'experts'. As did we.

Comment

• What will happen to Loftus Road then? I thought the council had a couple of years ago placed a restriction on development of the site, I'm a bit woolly about it but if memory serves me correctly there had to be a sports participation use for it. Maybe some of you will be more up to speed than me on it. Obviously if it could be used for residential development it would be a very lucrative proposition indeed. If it is hamstrung by planning restrictions, less so.

Comment

• It's not a 150m loan people the books showed a 15m loan from Barclays not 150m. Like I said the guy tweete him saying "so a stadium costs 15m?" He said no add a zero. So why are people even saying its a 150m loan when clearly it is only 15m with the stadium costing around 150m.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                              What will happen to Loftus Road then? I thought the council had a couple of years ago placed a restriction on development of the site, I'm a bit woolly about it but if memory serves me correctly there had to be a sports participation use for it. Maybe some of you will be more up to speed than me on it. Obviously if it could be used for residential development it would be a very lucrative proposition indeed. If it is hamstrung by planning restrictions, less so.
                              It depends. If they can sell a reasonable "offset" - then there will always be room for maneuver.

It could be that they fund the extending of the school for example in order to maximise the profits of the LR site........

But whilst it always must be a case of onwards and upwards - I will be blubbing that day like Gazza in a semi-final.

Comment

Think you have a blind spot regarding TF. The loan must be £15M, not £150M. Its surely reported on the basis of financial documentation. A new stadium wd cost £150, which I assume the shareholders are funding. TFs only mistake was to have his pocket picked by Hughes, Rigg and Kia what's his name... He trusted the 'experts'. As did we.
                                135 million won't come out of thin air, they won't be donated by the shareholders just because they are kind uncles. They are businessmen (although pretty inept when it comes to running a football club) and they will have collateral and we all know what that collateral is. They will expect ROI and when do we realistically expect that unless we get promoted at some point, which I doubt very much will happen in the near future. I pedict that in 12 months' time they will sorely regret investing into building a stadium while not in the PL. Just like they are regretting "investing" into all those expensive "players" that we have. A small relegated club like ours could ill afford their enormous team "strengthening" outlay and now, relegated, we are expected to believe that we can also afford building a new stadium? This is madness, pure and simple. We think the situation is bad now? In 12 months from now it will be much worse. They gambled on PL survival and lost. Now they are gambling even more - and with a crazy spending approach they will lose again.
                                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                                X