The free kick was a balls up all round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Because our players are stupid, ill disciplined and inept. Which is of course, why we are where we are.
    Because Mackie cant control the ball!
    He received a pass, miscontrolled it, but somehow was presented with a chance to run clean through on goal, but again his touch was lousy and Wigan regained possession. As soon as I saw he had replaced Remy I was disappointed. I would rather have had Park on if Remy had to be replaced and played with no striker for what remained of the game.

Comment

[QUOTE=QPR71;1059839]
      Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      I agree with what you're saying, but in Cesar's defence, the way freekicks work is that the wall covers 1 side of the goal and the keeper the other, hense the "gaping hole" to his left. If Tarbs hadn't ducked, it wouldn't have been a problem. The personel in the wall confused me. We all know Tarbs barely heads a ball, let alone takes one to the face. Hill should have been in that wall.[/QUOTE]

you cant waste a centre back on a wall he is needed to cover other players. you put you worst defenders in the wall. they don't need to mark anyone or cover anyone, just block he ball. adel is an absolute disgrace
      I can see what you mean, but at that stage it was obvious they would shoot at the goal. Onuoha, Mbia, Samb, Bosingwa and Jenas could be marking. you need players in the wall who are brave enough to have the ball blasted at them. Taarabt wears gloves on a mild day in April, do you expect him not to move out of the way? He should never be in a wall and certainly not for such an important free kick.

Comment

Just watched the last 5 minutes about 20 times in slow motion. Yes, Bosingwa was pushed and Mbia's contact was stronger.
        It was a very stupid foul from him and he is 70 % to blame for that goal. He fouls first and thinks later, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
          Ultimately, M'bia has to carry the can for giving away such a needless free-kick in the first place.
          Why we didn't play keep-ball in their half for the best part of injury time, only four minutes, I'll never know.
          But, to give away a free-kick like that, just inches outside the penalty area, unforgiveable.
          Bang on we also had a free kick with about a min and a half left. Hill took it and should have put it down the channel and turned there team around but instead he put it down the centre and tried to hit Mackie who lost it!!!!!! so amateurish and unprofessional

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Bang on we also had a free kick with about a min and a half left. Hill took it and should have put it down the channel and turned there team around but instead he put it down the centre and tried to hit Mackie who lost it!!!!!! so amateurish and unprofessional
            i am a great believer of how many free kicks are actually scored from its about 3% in the top leagues. We could have not even had a wall and said there you go shoot from 20 yards with 2 players on each post and still enough players to mark close to the ball in case they play it foward.

Hill is no captain he takes no charge on the pitch at all and when samba and cesar had thier spat, he should have just gone over and sorted it. We havent had a captain all season, part of the problem if you ask me.

Taraabt actually jumped in the wall, so the ball was going over his head anyway but why not put the big men in the wall, it was obvious he would shoot and we had mackie and taraabt on the end !!! FFS

Comment

Working...
            X