Football: chock full of liars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
    About the tweets once again, I figured you had only searched for the 'top' results for tweets mentioning tony fernandes. And by doing that, you won't find any 'attacks'.
    "Top" followed by "All". Look, I'd love to be wrong, i.e. he was viciously attacked by numerous idiots and was entirely justified in his choice of words. But I just didn't see anything that I thought was evidence of that - and nobody who answered my question had seen any either. Perhaps he was just having a bad day generally.
    WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't believe that TF said anything about "many fans attacking me on twitter" He may have been referring to face-to-face "attacks", especially after coming from the MK Dons defeat at LR. Or via e-mail or other social media.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersbitch View Post
        "Top" followed by "All". Look, I'd love to be wrong, i.e. he was viciously attacked by numerous idiots and was entirely justified in his choice of words. But I just didn't see anything that I thought was evidence of that - and nobody who answered my question had seen any either. Perhaps he was just having a bad day generally.
        Just read your conversation with a couple of tweeps from that day. Seems like there is more people defending him than actually attacking him, quote; ''Don't know why you take any notice of these people. True fans would not insult you! We're behind you!''. There is loads of tweets with responses pretty much alike this one. I am just looking through the tweets directly replying to this one; ''Many fans attacking me. Doing our best...'' and isn't it strange that none of these 'attackers' replied to this tweet? Although I haven't found the tweets mentioning 'Tony fernandes' from that day, I find this awfully strange. Although I follow you, I must've missed your replies on that tweet - because I can not remember them. Some deluded supporters you were arguing with back then. Kinda like me..

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          I don't believe that TF said anything about "many fans attacking me on twitter" He may have been referring to face-to-face "attacks", especially after coming from the MK Dons defeat at LR. Or via e-mail or other social media.
          I suppose that's not impossible. But I'd not heard of anyone confronting TF face-to-face. Also, is his personal/direct email address widely known? I wasn't aware of that. Of course I'm ready to accept that any "attacks" may have come via other routes, but the man is noted for his enthusiastic use of Twitter and for his tendency (unlike many other public figures) actually to respond to tweets from strangers. Hence my assumption that he was talking about Twitter attacks. It WAS an assumption. But not an unreasonable one, I think.
          WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yep, and that assumption is all I was trying to point out. It is not an unreasonable assumption and one that many have made, not just you.

Comment

Working...
            X